1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BREAKING NEWS] Will Smith shot and killed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by roxxfan, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

Two tough guys with guns.:rolleyes:

2. TL

TL Contributing Member

Given what we all know about NO crime stats, and what various Louisiana football players are also saying (see Mathieu, Fournette), if I accidentally hit a big orange Hummer, I might get the eff out of there as well.

I live in Chicago, and if I rear ended someone on the West or South sides, in Hummer, I would be hesitant to stop and chat.

Not the right thing to do, and I'm not sure that was his mindset, but I could understand.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Damn it, my heart skipped because I thought that this was a brand new story and it was the OTHER Will Smith who was shot/killed. I already knew that Saints Will Smith died so if this was a brand new story there was only one person it could've been about.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I think it matters for the investigation. Pulling a gun and shooting was a huge overreaction and deserving of jail time. But it's important to understand what led to that point, and reviewing those facts will factor into the extent of the punishment.

Too bad they couldn't take each other out, though. The world doesn't need these kinds of people.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

While I'm with you, and he probably mouthed off a bit too much. He was still rear-ended and subsequently murdered. I'm on Smith's side for this one.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Screw drunk drivers. Who did the family killed on their way home from Disney mouth off too? I'm happy he was killed before he killed someone who is actually innocent.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

While I agree with you that drunk driving is abhorrent, you're comparing apples and oranges. Smith didn't hit anyone or kill anyone, he was hit and subsequently killed by someone who I'm guessing was sober.

You can argue that it was inevitable he would have eventually, but neither of us can tell the future. What this is about, is a guy getting killed because of some road rage.

10. Duncan McDonuts

It was actually Hayes, the shooter, who was rear ended by Smith. Smith then hit-and-ran the opposite direction, Hayes turned around to follow. They confronted each other. Then the shooting happened.

Neither are saints. Smith was a drunk driving fool, who fortunately didn't kill anyone by his reckless actions. Hayes is a murdering hothead. The only justifiable reason for Hayes to shoot was if Smith threatened to shoot. Police did find a loaded pistol in Smith's vehicle. Eyewitness testimony might be the best evidence for that.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Erm, that's not what all the articles I read say, including the one that was linked here.

12. Duncan McDonuts

No problem. Your version is actually correct, too. After Smith hit-and-ran, Hayes followed and bumped Smith when Hayes caught up to Smith. Then both got out of the car and led to the confrontation.

Early reports said Hayes bumped Smith. The investigation found surveillance that Smith bumped Hayes first.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Gotcha, pardon the ignorance. That's a different story then. A lot of stupid there.

14. Duncan McDonuts

A whole lot of it. That's why I wish they could've taken each other out in a blaze of stupidity.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Hayes bumped Smith hard enough to shatter his back windshield. Smith bumped Hayes, supposedly, soft enough that the damage was minimal to none.

What was Hayes's Blood Alcohol?

All that's happening, is the same thing that's been happening since the beginning: Hayes's lawyer is trying to propagandize the whole thing to get little to no sentence for his client, and its a shame.

The gut rear ended another guy, drunk or not, then got out of his car, exchanged words with the guy, retreated to his car, got a gun, shot the passenger (a WOMAN with no gun) in BOTH legs, and then emptied seven or whatever rounds into Smith's back.

Blood Alcohol doesn't change the facts. This was cold, hard murder.

Yes, there's a lot of stupid here. Yes, I don't agree with drinking and driving (never had done it, never will). Yes, I don't drink. Yes, I had an uncle that nearly killed a woman when he was drunk and driving. None of this changes the fact that this guy got straight up executed in front of his wife that night. No matter how stupid he acted before hand.

Harris and his lawyer are POSes.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sounding like self defense. Glad a good sober guy had a gun here.

#56 REEKO_HTOWN, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  17. Two Sandwiches

In what world?

You guys are crazy. Wait until Hayes' blood alcohol comes back before jumping to conclusions. All this is, is his defense attorney peddling information to the public to try and get his client off with little to no jail time.

I hope my sarcasm meter is broken.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hayes was tested at the scene and was sober. Smith threatened him saying, he was getting a gun from his car so Hayes fired. Any CHL training will tell you to unload your clip till the target is not moving.

I'd fire at a man threatening me with a weapon before he reached it. Smith committed a hit and run drunk.

19. Two Sandwiches

What results show he was sober? Blood alcohol or field sobriety?

Why'd he shoot Smith's wife in both legs? Why'd he chase him down and rear end him so hard he blew out his back windshield, causing the altercation?

It could have been avoided, plain and simple. Many stupid decisions led to Smith's murder. To argue that Hayes did this in self defense is just stupid. He caused the whole situation to escalate. He also shot an unarmed, innocent woman. Twice. We don't even know if Smith was armed. Once again, it could be bull put out there by Hayes's lawyer. It's either manslaughter or murder, depending on your definition of the two.

If he's your shining example of an open carry law, or even conceal and carry, then the law should be terminated. I can think of much better examples other than flat out murder.

What is George Zimmerman the other example?

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

ERMAHGERD a WOMAN???!!!!!

She got in a car with a drunk. She is lucky to be alive after making such a horrible decision.