1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOP trashing Harden, Morey, and the Rockets.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ghettocheeze, May 25, 2016.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Exactly. The delusionals don't understand that we are fighting for a better future.

We won't stop, we can't be reasoned with, we are revolting.

2. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

I won't trash rockets, morey and harden is another story tho.

3. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Reasoning with arsonists on this board is getting really frustrating. Like I've said before, to criticize Harden, Morey, or anyone else is valid and should be wholeheartedly expressed on this board, which is the real purpose of this community.

However, littering the GARM with dozens of threads calling Harden a fraud, demanding Morey to be fired, trashing Les Alexander, or attacking D'Antoni even before he's coached a single game is simply hatred and unbecoming of a Rockets fan. Again, let's not say things we can't take back. Let's not spread hate that we can't amend in the future.

Lastly, I don't know understand why Clutch and the mods haven't taken control of this board and put out a "TO ALL GARM MEMBERS: Time to Tone It Down" thread?

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the rockets organization should actually feel blessed with the current fan outrage. because in a few months a lot of their fanbase will have already moved on and no longer even give a damn, rendering this franchise dreadedly irrelevant

5. Milosch

Milosch Member

What he said.

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

OP just give up. this regime has failed, and continues to.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not sure if you are 'tuning yourself out' from what is happening.

The organization is on a downward spiral and people are sort of panicking.

There is still time to salvage this but a lot of recent decisions are bad or questionable.

Going forward that is not a positive.

People should have the right to be realistic and negative at times

8. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Your not even a contributing member, you have no standing here.

9. ibm

ibm Member

hatred? do you even know what word means? omg.

or do you understand the emotional and financial investment (especially the former) and distress a true fan could have associated with his team?

quit pretending you've occupied the moral high ground... and gtfo.

:eek:

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I stand with ghettocheeze. I am Spartacus.

[​IMG]

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

We had a bad year. "Downward Spiral" is a little melodramatic considering we made the Conference finals for the first time in 18 years just last year.

Last year (and maybe 2009) was the only playoff excitement we have had in a loooong time. 1997-2014 was a Phugoid cycle of false hope and crushing disappointment. To call Harden and Morey failures (as many posters have) is a very miopic view considering this team's history over the last couple decades.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have not called them failures, but in Morey's case he has had more responsibilty than Harden or any player

downward trend means it is likely to go down because the org does a lot to counter success

They still might be relatively successful but those measures taken are highly questionable

Not allowing to get Top 5 talent - endless mediocrity

Coaching style: rookie coaches like McHale and JBB
    changing fast to fast offense: MDA and Adelman (who should have been better)
    the only defensive guy JVG just did not stick around for too long

No stability with good contributors - trade, trade, trade nobody is secure

The sacking of a coach during season

(No Input from fans while Morey said long before he would consider the ideas of fans (Jason Friedman also reported that)) - that is just a minor issue

Constant change of direction: Sometimes it is Alexander who is the boss, Morey gives direction in coaching bla bla

13. hakeemthagreat

Its funny because the outrage was fair when it was JB, Mchale, or anybody else. But when ppl start calling for Morey's head then ppl write letters to clutch for it to stop. The hypocrisy here smh

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Y'all mentality weak stop being cowards and get around and amongst the rockets build a culture of hard tough bastards onwards and upwards lets push it up the league nice

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

People have the right to say what they want. Stop trying to police thought.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you just contradicted the point you thought you were trying to make. OP also has the right to say what he wants. lol. :grin:

17. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I would trade Harden for Giannis right now. I need a star player that will play on both ends of the floor. I don't even think the Bucks would do that deal. Might laugh at us.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

OP has been here long enough to know that being negative about negativity is going to create more negativity. Over the years there have been countless threads created to complain about people being negative only to see all the negative posts flooding those very threads.

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

This Is exactly what I don't understand, this franchise has had zero playoffs success since Hakeem played here almost 20 years.

Harden and howard combo was better in wins and playoffs success over tmac and Yao. I know it's easy to say "those teams had injury issues" that's true but playing when it counts is half the battle. That alone had made watching harden play that much better, why? Because he's actually available to play in April and May.

I mean I'm pissed about this year and I get it we sucked. We all thought harden and the rockets would build off lag years run were harden emerged as a legit mvp and top 5 player. This year was a major backtrack but the skies not falling as most here think.

We will win 50 games next year or more because harden is that good we have a new coach and we'll have a few if not a lot of new faces that fit harden and the system much better.

The offseason is a time to get excited. We have a lot of money to spend a new coach and most importantly a franchise player that if he has his mind right he's a mvp top 5 franchise player.

I'll take that over 85% of the league. If rather be in our shoes than portland I'll tell you that much. They'll take a step back had a good year while we had a terrible one and yet they only won 3 more games. Lillard is not young as many think he's like 10 months younger than harden he shouldn't be given any passes for underachieving when his team flops.