1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Forget The OTHER D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, May 27, 2016.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Dan D'antoni

[​IMG]

1. In the summer of 2005, he became an assistant with the Phoenix Suns under younger brother Mike.
    2. Shortly after Mike accepted the head coaching position with the New York Knicks, D'Antoni was hired as an assistant with the Knicks.
    3. On November 15, 2012 he became an assistant coach with the Los Angeles Lakers, also under his brother.
    4. In addition to being an assistant coach, D’Antoni also served as the head coach of the Knicks’ and Lakers’ NBA Summer League teams.

I bet Dan Dan follows Mike here too. He'll help drown out the voice of whatever defensive coordinator is hired.

"Two D'antoni's for the price of one!" - Les, probably

Just more things to look forward to :rolleyes:

2. valorita

valorita Member

It was probably a condition of agreeing to be hired. That he being his brother too. Athough I doubt Dan will be the head associate coach. I think it is odd that management seems to be hiring assistants independently from the head coach. Usually u let the HC bring his own guys.
    Lots of questionable moves by the rockets this year.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Is Danny D'Antoni gonna leave his HC job at Marshall?

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think MDA's hiring was on the condition that he let the rockets pick a lead assistant who will serve as the defensive coordinator.

i also think MDA's condition of being hired is to save one spot for his brother, as he did in his last 3 HC jobs.

dan dan doesn't have to be the lead assistant to have his brother's ear more than any defensive coordinator. he can be the lowest ranking coach on the roaster and will still be MDA's most trusted second opinion. the defensive coordinator / lead assistant will be out voted every time.

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Dan Dan.

Such a dumb name.