1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets weighing Silas/Hollins vs. MD/Bzdelik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, May 21, 2016.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Very interesting that Silas is actually also preferred because of the shift in Charlotte and the pairing of Silas & Hollins is both will work on offense and defense. In case of D'Antoni it will be a structure of offense HC and DEFENSE ASSISTANT Bzdelik! Another reason why the Silas & Hollins pairing makes way more sense. An assistant in charge of one specific area has very rarely worked out.

2. RyanB

RyanB Member

Excellent post, hope Les doesn't take much time to sign Silas

3. theteam

theteam Member

Now that I have come down from my initial anger of not signing JVG, I think the Silas move makes sense.

We have already gone with 3 big name coaches (JVG, Rick the Ruler, Mchale (Not a big coach name but had HC experience)).

The idea of going with new blood and with Hollins as an enforcer. I think that it is something I could get behind. The lack of effort on D and the predictable offense was hard to watch.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'm moving into this stage of grief as well.

5. rockets13champs

If silas is going to run an offense simmilar to dantoni just hire him already.
    Hollins ad silas will make harden into a MVP caliber player again.
    Also i TRY TO SIGN AND TRADE DWIGHT FOR VUCEVIC. This dude is gold on PNR situations and u use that to attract horford here to be our stretch 4 another PNR option too

6. rockets13champs

Also i think we can get away by signing a scoring PG. if we bring in brandon jennings at below market value contract we are set because we have ying and yang at pg. jennings is instant offense can create his own shot and bev is a pest on defense. I do think maybe we keep brewer or we ship him for cap

7. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I think the Rockets need a new face to present to FAs - people have grown tired of Morey & Les, and I REALLY don't think MDA is going to help recruit some of the top talent. Based on what I've heard/read, Silas could be a great face for the Team in addition to bringing an actual offensive system.

Just sign the dude, stop wasting time.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Imagine Les Alexander trying to eat a black and white cookie

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

:rolleyes:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Impression among various coaching sources remains that Silas, D'Antoni finalists. Rockets like to pick brains of top, respected candidates.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/734067427898724352">May 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

No there are several dozen more people to interview. You can't rush a good search.

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

Hahahaha D'Antoni will be the one.

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I lean towards Silas, but because Hollins is such a net negative I'm leaning more towards D'Antoni/Bzdelik if those are the only possible combinations. I'm confident that Bzdelik could patch up the areas D'Antoni needs help, and I'm confident D'Antoni would sincerely rely on him given he just experienced what it's like to be a highly qualified assistant.

Ideally I would go for Silas/Bzdelik.

Hollins is totally expired, absolutely worthless person, completely outdated coach. His defense suffocates his own team's offense, and his personality suffocates his players' motivation. Don't want him having anything to do with this organization.

13. craguin

craguin Member

[​IMG]

14. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

If we hire D'Antoni, Bzdelik will we face racism charges?