1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG was Morey's first choice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 19, 2016.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

2. rockets13champs

3. Caesar

Caesar Member

Everyone knows MDA is all LE$. He wanted to be them back when we had Yao still. Look at our home floor. Looks exactly like the Suns former floor used to look like.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That wouldn't surprise me, but who is the source? Aren't we all "hoops critics" here? ;-)-

5. krouchchocolate

Wow the owner needs to step back and let the GM do his job.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Brian Geltzeiler.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don't doubt it, but @hoopscritic is not credible whatsoever. He's an overly opinionated fan who tries to sell himself as some insider.

He's taking info thats pretty much already out there as opinion, and is spinning it as his own insider info.

Like I said, Morey probably did want JVG, but it wasn't his call. We know FOR A FACT that Daryl and JVG have become good friends over the years, and JVG has alot of trust/respect in that relationship which he has said would be important for him to come back in the league.

This isn't some huge piece of news that Geltz uncovered.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Well Le$ probably did that and got screwed when Mauri hired McFail, signed Corey Brewer to an extension, and did a bunch of other stuff that left us with a disappointing season and Les wasting money. No doubt Les is pissed at Morey and doesn't trust his opinions anymore.

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Where are all those trash azz posters who were telling me that it was Morey a few hours ago
    [​IMG]

10. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Isn't the Suns owner known for being cheap?

I definitely thought Les was willing to spend for a winning team, but there's too much evidence in this coaching search that says the opposite.

Looks like Les is wanting a decent team for a super low coast only. He is looking to be all about the money

11. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Morey stepped down sometime in the near future.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He's definitely setting it up.
    May not definitively happen. But he's working on getting ducks in a row so that he has options and isn't viewed negatively if he does resign in the relatively near future.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

FTW Rockets FTW told me this was Morey's call, though?

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

And that should tell you all you need to know about his clown show act:rolleyes:

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He's paying McHale like 15 million bucks over the next couple of years NOT to coach the Rockets.

I would say that Les has many many problems that are being uncovered as an owner, but the cheap factor is pretty far down the list.

Its been well documented that Les has come out and said that he wants this entertaining style of basketball he enjoys personally, and has pointed back to the Nash/Suns days as his barometer. We are talking about an owner who wants what he wants, and screw everyone elses opinion. Les isn't knowledgeable enough to know that since Nash and D'Antoni separated in Phoenix, Mike D has been a complete disaster, and all of the problems the team had last year, he does nothing to solve.

So we are talking about an owner who has one major issue... he is stubborn, stuck in the past, and is refusing to accept any analysis that he doesn't agree with. That's the biggest problem. He learned NOTHING from the failures of this past season, and on top of that refuses to even accept that it was a problem.

Houston Rockets fans, I think we officially lost the owner. He's off his rocker, and I predict dark days until he retires, or backs out of the picture to let someone else make the big decisions for the team.

1 person likes this.
  17. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Are you sure that it wasn't JJ Watt that made the decision?

1 person likes this.
  18. conquistador#11

i would have loved jvg.
    just to see what would happen if harden shows up faaaaaat? would be priceless.

19. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

If D'Antoni is hired, we have no idea how much he will make. Likewise, we have no idea what the salary demands were for any other potential candidate. Without knowing that then how can you say anything is related to saving money? Especially when McHale is still being paid. The cheap way to go would have been to keep McHale as coach.

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

his first choice was jb - my sources