1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. SunsRocketsfan

screw pacquiao and mayweather.

GGG is the new draw in town... just wish someone would man up and fight him. Come on Canelo.. stop being a golden boy wuss.

GGG has power, speed and skills not seen in quite some time. His knock outs are almost Tyson-esque.

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

So just like everybody else in boxing then aye? Cheers

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No surprise put Paq v. Bradley III utterly bombed -- terrible gate (didn't even sell out) and maybe 300,000 buys.

4. dragician

dragician Member

ssssssssssshh.. you will scare Floyd.

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol @ scaring Floyd.

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Floyd has no business getting in the ring with Golovkin. There shouldn't be any pressure at all for him to fight him, but I would respect the hell out of him if he took that challenge.

Kellerman is a massive GGG fan but I have to agree with him when he says that Mayweather would be lucky to last 12 rounds with Golovkin.

We've seen GGG just walk through punches when he gets in that terminator mode with middleweights, and much of Floyds ability is having enough power to discipline and keep fighters on guard. Thats why he was able to stand in the pocket with Canelo and just light him up all night.

He made Canelo very hesistant to throw. I don't see that being the case with Golovkin, hes too cerebral, got extremely underrated boxing ability and has the ability to cut off the ring to go with his dynamite. Hes just too big/strong for Mayweather imo.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Did Victor Ortiz quit or was he so hurt he couldn't understand "do you still want to fight?" repeated several times?

Probably both

8. Beavis Stiffler

:eek: Whoa. The Berto-Ortiz rematch was better than I expected from the first fight. Wouldn't be surprised if there's going to be a 3rd fight to complete the trilogy.

9. Victorious

Victorious Member

lmaooo ortiz gonna ortiz. looked like the did the ol fake get up but miss the count except ref was kind to give him a chance so he just did a blank stare. haha ortiz fights always deliver in some form or another.

He was actually doing some good boxing and winning the fight.

10. what

what Member

Floyd would murder GGG. Even at his age right now. You can hate on floyd all you want but right now nobody can touch me. GGG doesn't have the skill to be the ring, all he does is bully you with less skilled guys. I'm not a big GGG fan at all. I think the guy is predictable and vulnerable, in the same way as Donaire was.

Hell, I'm not sure GGG could beat Pac at this point. GGG is the most over-hyped boxer in history at this point.

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Jesus Christ some Floyd fans are so sensitive. Hell im a Floyd fan but what you're spewing here is complete garbage. it shows how little you now about the sport.

Pacquaio took the most damage in his career against Margarito before Marquez and that was at a caychweight where he said he was never going back to Jnr Middleweight. if you think Golovkin couldn't take him out you've completely lost it.

Il just ignore your Freudian slip as you live vicariously through your mayweather delusion.

Btw I had him 117-111 over Pac and Lara beat Canelo 116-112 you goof

12. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Lol ggg would hurt mayweather, don't be foolish.

13. what

what Member

Anybody buying the canelo fight? I think I might

14. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Best KO of the year. Maybe two years.

Ricky Hatton type knockout

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Even if HBO charged $125 for GGG vs Canelo I'd still pay it.

17. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Same here. I hope canelo doesn't keep ducking.

18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

19. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Man, it's amazing that you know Khan is fast, and then you see it and still say, "damn he's fast." He was boxing so well, and managed his distance pretty darn well. He got touched a few times, but handled it well. I think the body shots took their toll, and this allowed Canelo to get just a little closer in rounds 5 and 6.

Before the fight, I was getting a bit annoyed with Khan and his lobbying for a big fight, but after this fight he's earned a ton of respect. I could have done without Virgil Hunter harping on the whole, Khan took the risk, Canelo needs to. They already said it once. We get it.

I thought it was a great fight. If Canelo vs. GGG doesn't happen, it's gonna be Mayweather and Pac all over again...

20. Victorious

Victorious Member

There was a moment where I thought Khan might actually pull this off. Khan was controlling the fight from the jump. He was fighting the perfect blueprint to beat Canelo, probably his only path to a victory. He kept his feet moving, peppering Canelo with jabs and straights.

Khan started to get real confident, too confident. I think at one point he started teeing off on Canelo lol. But he never landed anything effective that would hurt him. I was like wow, this can't end well. Sure enough, Canelo landed a big shot. Khan was no longer moving like he was and was now planting his feet. That was it for him.

In the end, it played out like most thought it would, Khan getting KTFO. All props to Khan for taking a risk. Now its time for Canelo vs GGG. Hopefully not too much BS negotiations happen but hey its boxing.