1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who'd be interested in going to the MNF game in Mexico?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, May 4, 2016.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Looked up flights out of IAH. Round trip through Interjet Airlines(Mexican company), only $200. Dont know about game ticket prices but would be cool to get a group together for this. Ive always wanted to go to Mexico City and this just pushes me a little harder to do so.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

will they be serving tainted beef?

3. donkeypunch

Yes, in a tortilla at that.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

with Montezuma's Revenge bottle water?

5. Fantasma Negro

You trying to get a group together?

6. donkeypunch

Not really trying to get a group together, more so a group meet up. If there were enough willing to do it though, I wouldnt mind calling to see if there are discount rates for flights/accommodations and so forth.

7. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Depends, will this be before or after the Trump wall goes up?

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

My friend is having his bachelor party in Mexico City when the Texans play...so unless I have something random pop up in my schedule that I cant get out of, I will be there for the Texans/Raiders game.

9. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Headline reads : Cartel Kidnapps JJWatt, Held for Ransome

10. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Fixed

2 people like this.
  11. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Should be there if all goes as planned with my bf and some of his family

12. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Be careful in MX city - biz friend got a cab ride - they took them to a corner where they were robbed at gunpoint - let the hotel pick you up - stay close to the areas of high interest

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">How are fans feeling about the Mexico game? League asked fans to register their interest on a site. 100,000 people asked for 4 tickets each.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/735087264456441858">May 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

Anyone know how to buy the tickets? I couldn't figure out where to register.

15. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

Yup, that's unfortunately the sad truth. Do not take a Taxi in South America basically. All they see is just a rich american with a fat wallet, and they won't think twice for a damn second about robbing you. I literally remember being robbed on the bus at gunpoint at the age of 10, just for a stupid watch.

16. raining threes

Why would anybody risk getting food poisoning or worse getting robbed at gunpoint/killed?

No way I make that trip.

17. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Live life.

18. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

That's fine man, i'm not disagreeing with you about living life, but you have to be at least smart about it. It's kinda hard to live life when buried six feet under. I mean, I plan on visiting El Salvador with a friend over the summer, but were literally going to spend a majority of our time in the capital, around the resort. Especially when going to a country you've never lived in, it's a dangerous idea to just freely roam around everywhere without some precaution.

It's sad, but it's true.

To foreigners, you are just some rich American, and they honestly won't think twice about killing you just for the paper in your wallet. And you could say, "well, the police won't let them get away with it" and that's partly true. But for one, justice works differently in countries other than the US, and for some crimes that we might dish out 20 years, they could consider those worth 2 to 5 years. And two, who won at the end of the day? Him. Yeah, he's in jail, but who's dead? You. That's why I say just take precaution, because visiting some other country and potentially risking getting robbed in a taxi, is just not worth it, and it's for damn sure not worth your life.

19. donkeypunch

Just bought mine. You can call the Texans office (832)667-2002 and buy them. Only upper level left, 75 after shipping. Feeling excited. :grin:

Stay in your shell my friend.

20. texian

texian Member

Nope, gato tacos. :grin: