1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Space Jam Sequel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by val_modus, May 2, 2016.

1. val_modus

val_modus Member

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/space-jam-sequel-finds-director-834978?utm_source=twitter

Andrew Dodge is writing the script for the basketball sequel which will star the NBA player.

Justin Lin and Andrew Dodge are ready to shoot some intergalactic hoops with LeBron James.

The Fast & Furious 6 and Star Trek Beyond helmer is in talks to direct Warner Bros.' sequel Space Jam 2 while Dodge will write.

Rumors of a follow-up to the live action/animated 1996 hit have been brewing for years, and picked up again when James and his company SpringHill Entertainment signed a deal with Warner Bros. in July. The Cleveland Cavaliers NBA player, who recently appeared in Amy Schumer comedy Trainwreck, will star in Space Jam 2. He's repped by WME.

Sources say it's early on the in the process but that Lin and Dodge are working on the script. Charles Ebersol is producing.

The first film, a live action/animation hybrid that earned $230.4 million worldwide, starred Michael Jordan and a collection of Looney Tunes cartoon characters who teamed up to play a game of ball against aliens threatening their freedom.

Lin helmed four of the Fast & Furious films, starting with 2006’s The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift through 2013’s Fast & Furious 6. He directed Star Trek Beyond, which is slated to hit theaters on July 22, 2016. His other credits include 2002’s Better Luck Tomorrow and episodes of True Detective and Scorpion. He’s repped by CAA, Kinetic Management and Sloss Eckhouse.

Lin is working with Dodge on a couple of projects, so it looks like the duo wants to continue that streak with Space Jam 2. They've teamed up on an untitled cop comedy, which Lin will produce through Perfect Storm Entertainment and Dodge will write. Dodge also is writing a TV drama for HBO that Lin and Jeremy Renner are producing. He previously wrote 2013's Bad Words, which was directed by Jason Bateman, and penned the script for Paramount’s O' Lucky Day, which Adam Shankman will direct. He’s also adapting webseries Action Movie Kid for Fox 2000 and Temple Hill, and is repped by UTA and Grandview Management.

Is it happening???

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lebron teams up with the Miami Monstars?

dachuda86 likes this.
  3. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

James Harden would make a perfect Monstar.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Do kids these days even know who the Looney Tunes are? My three year old can name PBS' and Disney Jr's roster by memory... But I'm not sure if I've ever seen her watching any Bugs or Daffy.

On a different note, if you want to see a modern phenomenon - Give a 2 or 3 year old an iPad with the Disney Jr and Youtube Kids apps. It's AMAZING how proficient they can become. My daughter even uses the voice command to pull up the shows she wants to watch. It's insane.

5. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

As much as I hate to say it, I'd prefer Steph over Lebron.

6. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Haha, I was about to say the same thing. Lebron obviously teams up with the Monstarts to take down the Tunesquad aka Cleveland

7. cdain3

cdain3 Member

No one wants to see steph curry shoot threes for 2 hours.

8. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Lebron is the obvious choice.

9. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Give LeBron space jam. Curry can have the Kazaam reboot.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

LeBron enlists Kobe out of retirement to save the Earth? I like it.

I wonder whose powers they are gonna take.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Rockets are sending scouts to the movie.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lebron makes passive aggressive Instagram posts about fitting in obviously directed at Porky Pig.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Despite a report LeBron will star in Space Jam 2, no deal is in place sources say. Maybe at some point but not as of yet.</p>&mdash; Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/727219414299475969">May 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yep. Rockets are the poor looney tunes that are coached by Bill Morey. They need a Michael Jordan to save the team.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

ESPN does.

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

What if Lebron enlisted his friends to be brought in as Monstars.

CP3
    Wade
    Melo
    Bosh
    Filler.

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Jeremy Lin wouldn't be a bad choice... He always putting out videos....

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

Oh and could also explain what happened when he left New York and lost all skill....

19. Buck Turgidson

I have no idea how or why this happened, but I have never seen Space Jam.

20. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Not missing much...besides a bad, self-aggrandizing performance from Jordan, some Looney Tunes characters and a cameo by Bill Murray.