1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary Clinton - Not Worthy of Being the First Woman President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

I think the US desperately deserves a Woman President but we shouldn't just vote Hillary Clinton into power because its past due that a woman has that position. We should elect her if she is the best candidate the lead this nation irrespective of gender, race or sexual orientation. That is equality.

I think its funny that Hillary has taken up the "Woman" card as her credential as she is far from the feminist.

Hillary Clinton only became known because of her HUSBAND.

No one would even know her if it wasn't for her HUSBAND.

Then she sat by while he cheated on her and took that kind of abuse and then when her Husband used his position of power of being the President of the United States being a 60 year old man took advantage of a 20 year old intern in the White House that he was in a supervisory position to.

Then this 'feminist' ATTACKED THE VICTIM! Calling Lewinsky a "Narcissistic Nincompoop" and attacked other women he victimized.

Now I like Bill Clinton and I don't care what he does in his personal life, but if I was someone who wanted a Woman president to show how far we've come it would not be Hillary Clinton!

2 people like this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This is new and interesting

3. dback816

dback816 Member

Agreed.

Real strong professional women marry underachieving message board trolls and minimal wage workers. It honestly makes me angry when aspiring female law students and doctors marry men of equal or higher status.

Don't these women know that the only way to gain respect the respect of real AMERICAN men such as Rocketman1981 is for them to be better in every way than their male peers, especially their spouses?

4. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Her presidency is more like Nepotism. Whether its the "Bush Family" or the "Clinton Family" its all bull****. We are a country of the best and brightest rise, not based on their family brand.

I'm not saying she should've married a jackass, but that she should be the leading spouse and not an Argentinian style family hierarchy.

I'm not a fan of Obama, but I respect his self-made journey.

5. Major

Major Member

Why? What's wrong with power couples?

6. dback816

dback816 Member

I'm agreeing with you.

I think that every professional woman, prior to engagement, should conduct a thorough interview of their potential spouse. If there is even a 1% chance that the man in question might have aspirations beyond that of the woman, she should break off the relationship immediately. Any woman who is married to a man of equal or higher social/economical status don't deserve to be called strong and should wear a tag that rightfully label their status as a gold digging skank.

It sickens me to see these female lawyers (like Michelle Obama) married to men who became senators or presidents thirty years into their marriage. Dont these women have no shame? Michelle should have quit her job and stopped bringing up her prior position as her husband's superior at the law firm the moment Barrack ran for politics.

Just thinking about this whole thing makes me upset, I'm going to open a few bags of Doritos and a bottle of Dr.Pepper to calm down.

2 people like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Not a damn thing.

[​IMG]

8. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Reminds me of a joke from the 90s:

When Bill and Hillary get gas at the local Arkansas station, Hillary laughs and jokes with the attendant. On the way out, Bill asks if she knew him. She replies that they used to date. Bill shakes his head, and asks if she ever wonders what her life would be like if she married that guy instead of Bill. "I know what my life would be like" she answers. Confused, Bill looks at her. "I'd be first lady" she says, "you'd be pumping gas."

Anyway...I thought this thread was going to be about Edgar Hoover being a better dresser.

9. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

How is she playing the woman card?

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Pawning her off on Barry Lyndon once he was done with her was definitely a power move.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

This joke reminds me of baby boomers and Microsoft Outlook.

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Why don't you stop pretending you "hate" the Bushes as much as the Clintons and admit your party fetishized cowboy grandpas too long after black and white television?

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would Hillary be in the position she is in if she was not married to Bill Clinton?

Probably not.

Is she qualified to be president of the united states, capable of leading, capable of making the right decisions and savvy enough to maneuver a challenging landscape?

Yes.

At the end of the day, I don't give a rat's ass how someone got to where they are. I work in corporate America which is rife with nepotism. So many people I know are not very good or talented, but they do work hard and were able to play their way into the position they are in. Afterall, most jobs really don't take brilliance to do.

She is the most qualified candidate out of the pool to be President. That's the fact. If you want to vote for Trump, go for it.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hillary Clinton is offering an actual Woman Card.
    [​IMG]

15. False

False Member

I was listening to 88.7 yesterday and there was a piece about Hillary's time in the senate. They only got blurbs from Senate republicans (now all former) and all had a lot of positive things to say about her as a politician. She was said to be prepared, a good student, willing to share credit, willing to cut a deal and compromise. None of them mentioned Bill. She will be a great president if the Republican Party and the attendant noise machine takes the election as a lesson to moderate and start reaching back across the aisle to do the hard job of governing.

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

i dont even know what this means. seems incredibly sexist.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wait, what, Hillary is a woman?

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Since 2000 Bill Clinton hasn't really done much directly for Hillary Clinton and at times he's hurt her with some of his campaign trail comments. Her Senate and Secretary of State careers are very clearly her own and not defined by Bill Clinton. If anything the most important man in her political career of the last ten years is Barack Obama rather than her husband.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There are many men with great achievements in part due to some fortunate circumstance. Do we say they didn't deserve it? The argument that Clinton doesn't deserve to be president because she wouldn't have reached this point without her husband doesn't hold water.

I'm not saying I'm a huge fan of hers, but she is no less qualified than the majority of other men who were running for the 2016 presidency.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'll stop there. The alternative to Clinton in the general will be Cruz or Trump. America is faced with a choice like that, and you think people are going to cast a novelty vote for her gender?

When she prevails, there will be Republicans who want to keep up this narrative that she benefited from being a woman. I'm not buying that at all. Being a woman hurts her candidacy because of rationalizations like the one in the OP. She's not a super candidate. The net-votes she earns will be the people who would vote Democrat regardless, plus the people turned off by Trump and Cruz.