1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Honestly, guys. We should probably just trade Hakeem already.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oogie boogie, Apr 7, 2016.

1. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Yeah, we went to the finals a like 7 seasons ago, and came close to winning, but we all know that was a one in a million chance and that was almost forever ago. Almost feels like a fluke.

It's been nine seasons with Hakeem and we don't have anything to show for it. Yes, he's a perennial all-star, but he's also a hot head at times and sooner or later Shaq is going to be the best center in the league and dominate every other big guy. I don't think we can win with Hakeem. We just came off losing to the damn Sonics again. I'm just so sick to my stomach with this constant losing. This is just frustrating as hell. It's time to start over don't you think?

What do you guys think about trading Hakeem for the #1 pick? That Bradley kid seems good. Hardaway looks like he may be a star for years as well. Webber too. He made a dumb play in college, but I heard him and a few other guys beat the the Olympic team during scrimmage!!

I don't know. Maybe I'm just over reacting, but nine seasons to me is enough. I'm sure I'm not the only one in the trade Hakeem camp, right? I'm can't be the only guy tired of losing. Hakeem just isn't going to lead us to a championship sadly.

7 people like this.
  2. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Is this an old thread from yonkers back?

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lol awesome topic . Repped.

5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

OP done drank himself back into the 80's lmao

2 people like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is a misdirected thread.

the issue here is coaching and the gm.

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

are you a harden only fan???

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Anyone who compares Harden to Hakeem from here on out deserves an immediate ban.

9. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Why are people assuming that I'm comparing Harden to Hakeem? The point is that people give up way too quickly over one bad season or bad moment. The point is that people are vastly over reacting. The point is that the Rockets aren't completely screwed, and can still revamp the team.

The point is that not every season is championship or bust. We need to be patient, and until we see things clearly spiraling out of control then of course we need to make a move. The Rockets at this point aren't in a hell hole. With a bunch of cap space and only one or two back contracts the Rockets are not in a point where they can't be contending again in 3 years time. The point is that the window isn't closed yet.

The point is that some clutchfans members are in full knee jerk mode, and want to completely start over.

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hakeem's heart was never a question... inaccurate comparison

I'm not saying trade Harden either.... yet

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The knee jerking is when people say McGrady is better than Harden.

These people are the biggest idiots on the planet. any country. any village. any cave.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You should give aelliot a piece of your mind. I read in a post of his that Harden is a much more efficient player than Hakeem due to TS%.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, we fire Chaney, and the interim coach Rudy can't do any better. I can't believe we missed the freaking playoffs for the first time in Hakeem career.

We need to get riddy of Rudy, fire Patterson, and Charlie Thomas while we are at it.

14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Hakeem sat out games with a pretend injury. He also asked to be traded.

1 person likes this.
  15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Well go that thread of Harden's 40+ point games

Lot of Harden kool aiders comparing him to the Dream

16. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

There was very serious Hakeem-for-Barkley conversations before Charles got traded to Phoenix. The Rockets missed the playoffs in 92 and were pretty bad underachievers, and Dream was a malcontent. He was a very immature guy early in his career.

1 person likes this.
  17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Olajuwon tried to improve his game during every offseason until he reached his prime. What did Harden do this past offseason? He got fat, and his game regressed.

That's an issue of character and work ethic. It's the same problem McGrady had, and we all remember how McGrady's career ended.

18. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I'll shock you some more then, Harden was also a better 3 point shooter, FT shooter and passer than Hakeem.

Hakeem was a once in a lifetime talent be he wasn't the best at every aspect of the game. TS% is the measure of efficiency and Harden is one of the all time best in that category.

Assuming that you understand what "efficiency" means, then it's not really in question. Efficiency is always going to be skewed by 3pt shots and FT because those are such huge advantages. Due to that big men aren't usually going to be nearly as efficient because they typically don't make a high volume of 3 point shots. Even Shaq, who had a higher FG% than Hakeem isn't as efficient as Harden.

That huge advantage in efficiency that the 3 point shot offers is the very reason that we've seen the spike in 3 point attempts over the last few years. Teams are just being smarter about taking the most efficient shots (3s, FT, shots at the rim and shots in transition).

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Your view of what "efficiency" is defined as seems to be very narrow in scope. Your entire argument is based on that particular view of efficiency hence why you're taking one variable (TS%) and over emphasizing it.

Regardless, I don't care about the topic in any way. There's zero point in comparing Harden to Hakeem to me. I just recalled that post of yours and thought it was amusingly relevant to what Mr. Clutch said.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

There you go being an idiot again.

Harden IS a much more efficient player than Hakeem due to a variety of reasons.