1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who else wants to face OKC Thunder in the NBA Playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Mar 3, 2016.

?

Bring me...

Poll closed Jun 11, 2016.
  1. ... Curry, Klay, Green and GSW

10 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. ... this Spurs team

5 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. ... OKC Thunder

34 vote(s)
    27.0%
  4. ... LA Clippers

26 vote(s)
    20.6%
  5. ... a lottery pick!

51 vote(s)
    40.5%
  1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Rockets are known as one of the best bounce back teams in the modern NBA, we have one of the biggest number of wins after trailing by 10 or more points this season and a season prior to that.

Despite our disorganized defense and horrible overall game, this team always has a chance to come back because of Howard presence, Harden triples, FT's and three-point shooting of some streaky players.

Even when the Rockets were down by 30 against Trail Blazers or Spurs at home over the last month or so, they were able to cut the deficit significantly, making like 20 point runs in the second half.

No need to remind you about every comeback win they got because of those kind of runs.

McHale is McHale, but he build enough character in this roster over the course of the last season, so these guys are not going to lie down on the floor once they got hit badly.

On the other hand we have OKC, also horrible defensively, a lot of iso-ball, unbelievable lack of defense in the second unit because of Kanter, especially protecting the paint, and also:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="ru"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thunder have lost 9 games this season when leading entering the 4th quarter (only 76ers have more)</p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/705278696962330624">3 марта 2016 г.</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Softy?

I don't think we can catch Memphis to face the Clippers in the Round 1, but Mavs schedule and current Trail Blazers road trip leaves us with a solid chance for sixth spot and a series against OKC.

And it's a perfect matchup for current horrible Rockets team, that would certainly help us to lure some free agents attention, I believe.

Who else wants to face them in mid-april?

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The rockets don't want to face anybody, in the post season.

3. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

i would love to face them for the simple fact that if we beat them, KD would be more likely to leave OKC (and hopefully to join us).

1 person likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

insert Morey playoff quote here*

5. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

We got them right where we want them!

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i say we show the warriors who the true nba champs are

7. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Anybody but the Warriors.

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

We can't make 6th seed, get it out of your head.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

The Houston Rockets are not going to magically advance passed anyone this year. I mean unless JB can figure out how to coach or he reads "Coaching Basketball for Dummies"... Lol, I don't think he's dumb necessarily but he's in a ****ty situation that basically set his career back a few years. Ooooo another small chance would be abandoning this 3 ball ****, but if some miracle happens and they get hot it won't last. This ****ing team can't even string together a good win streak.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'd rather keep our pick.

at this point we'd be trading the 14th pick for 4 games against the warriors.

it would be extremely short sighted.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nope, you have that backwards. Nobody wants to face the Rockets in the postseason. :rolleyes:

12. Lightsnowaction

I want to face OKC and pull an upset, but looking at the Blazers and Mavs schedule makes me think we will be best in 7th.

13. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Give me the .0001% chance of beating the best team of all time. Damn that would be sweet.

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

We'd get crushed by the Spurs and Warriors if we made the playoffs. LAC can beat out OKC for third seed but that won't matter. We're 3 games behind the Mavs and we are playing terrible. I don't see us catching the 6th seed.

Personally I'd much rather play the Warriors than the Spurs. I don't know why. Probably because I'm stupid but somehow I think we can have some close games against the Warriors. There is no reason whatsoever for me to think that but I still do.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'd love to play OKC, but we're not. We're playing 4 games against the Warriors. That is our destiny.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The spurs defend us better IMO.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Think of it this way if we face the Warriors, at least we will be losing to the best team of all time. Even if the Rockets were elite this year and made a top 2-3 seed, at some point in the Playoffs we would have ran into the buzzsaw Warriors and we would have gotten carved up. Might as well get it out of the way in the 1st round.

Before the season if your predictions for the Rockets were
    1. We would make the Playoffs
    2. We would lose to the Warriors again

You'd think that was a reasonable forecast.

And who knows, maybe James Harden turns into "I'm should've been MVP last year" mode and goes berserk on the Dubs. Maybe Beverley injures Curry. So many possibilities.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

That size 17 Nike you see belongs to Kevin Durant, who already has one foot out the door in OKC.

19. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

The yare the new (Clyde Drexler) Portland Trailblazers i.e., the dumbest team in the league, gun to the head losses

20. alethios

alethios Member

I wish we could face the Clippers or Dallas again, but that won't happen this time. We're destined to play either of two teams (provided we even make the playoffs), the Warriors or the Spurs.

The most interesting matchup will be if somehow Spurs pass Warriors for the #1 seed and Portland ends up playing GS in the first round - Portland beat them twice this season.

I personally would rather pick playing the Spurs instead of the Warriors in the playoffs, with the hopes that their endurance will be tested come April.