1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Republican Debate live from University of Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Feb 25, 2016.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tariff on what? Has he detailed how he will amend or get rid of the trade agreements currently in existence?

What he has is a skeleton and not really a plan.

I'm not saying his strategy of not having plans isn't a good one. It's obviously working as he's the likely GOP nominee.

I brought up in the context that people who attack him shouldn't bother to do it on policy plans because those aren't the reason his supporters like him.

2. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

What he has is the same as if a football team said their plan was to score touchdowns. They will accomplish that plan by passing the ball and running it down the field until they reach the end zone.

A real plan would detail plays where it would show the the direction the offensive line would move, patterns the receivers would run, which space the running back would use etc.

He hasn't addressed existing trade agreements with Mexico, or how they would agree to new ones, etc. If you want to call it a plan then I guess that's okay. But it doesn't really address how it would get done.

Either way it doesn't matter, because the original point was about Trump supporters not caring about his policy plans. They just like his style/anger/morale building stuff. So that's what people who want to attack him will have to somehow take down.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't repeat myself.
    I don't repeat myself.

I'm sorry, Trump looked like a total buffoon. This whole "alpha beta" stuff is internet garbage. People who buy into are "beta" themselves. The idea that a stupid person who puffs his chest out his somehow the better, strong individual is baffling.

I think this concept was created because buffoons and jackasses needed a reason to justify their arrogance. If Donald Trump had the exact same personality he has now but WASN'T born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he would be a nobody and the whole alpha/beta thing would be something he and his buddies joked about why they scratched their bellies under their wife beater.

4. justtxyank

CNN Fact Check

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Thanks for admitting you are wrong. Bernie said his plan to get 60 votes was to have a million young voters outside of mitch mcconnell's window. That is a crazy plan, but it is a plan.

That might be true but they have also heard that he doesn't have any plans to attack so why would they care about something that doesn't exist.

Trump could easily get elected. No one hates Clinton more than BernieBros.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Honestly, does anybody give a s*** about the fact checking anymore?

Nobody who was watching that last night is remotely interested in 1) the truth or 2) who lied.

Republicans watched it to hoot and holler for their guy, Democrats watched it to laugh.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

This is the transcription from closed captioning last night...

[​IMG]

Priceless

9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can you imagine waking up from a coma and learning that Donald Trump is likely Republican presidential nominee? We're through the looking glass, people.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Even worse waking up and finding Hillary Clinton as the Democratic nominee. Truly awful candidate.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Getting votes isn't part of the plan. He has planned out what legislation will be proposed, how much it will cost (supposedly), and how much will be raised. That's a plan and goes beyond what Trump has. I agree that it may be crazy, may not be able to pass congress or whatever. But it is a plan.

The strategy of people protesting McConnell is just a way he hopes to enact his plan (which actually exists).

He could be elected, but I wouldn't say it will be easy. It will throw old models out for the demographics that comprise the electorate.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I know even you would rather have Hillary as POTUS instead of Trump.

13. justtxyank

I don't get it, is Bandwagoner really arguing that Trump has laid out his plan(s)?

Seriously?

[​IMG]

14. Bandwagoner

Are you making fun of something that doesn't exist or are you making fun of a ridiculous and ineffective plan?

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

texx, texx... you are still slipping. Look up above... the thread title is "Republican Debate Live from University of Houston". To the best of my knowledge, Hillary Clinton isn't a republican nor was she at the debate. Where as in the past Obama dominated your thoughts and dreams, it now appears that Hillary Clinton keeps you up at night.

But allow me to return to the topic... republicans that were at the debate... just think, in November you will be voting for Donald Trump. Donald F'ing Trump. Let that sink in. Embrace it. Own it. And we all will laugh at you. Laugh hard. Remember that.

Now... take the rest of the day off and try to have a restful weekend... come back next week on topic and better prepared.

#75 NewRoxFan, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Hillary is such a flawed candidate. Democrats are stuck with her.

#WhichHillary

17. REEKO_HTOWN

You're stuck with only one real candidate.

You have a non viable Cuban-Canadian who can't work within his own party to accomplish anything and panders to the religious.

You have a robot who can't even control his own personal spending and capitulates more than Obama.

Trump is the cream of your ****ty crop.

#77 REEKO_HTOWN, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  18. Bandwagoner

And when Clinton loses to Trump because all of the BernieBros stayed at home after spending all of their parents money in donations who will be laughing.

Are you running Trump's twitter account?

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

texxx, really -- your inability to stay on topic is striking. This is a thread about the GOP debate.

I'm glad Rubio went after Trump, but I think it was too much at once, and too late. He was all over the map, and the smiling, like a playground "got ya!" was a little much.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

I won't stay at home. I assume about 30% of Bernie supporters like me would go over to Trump. No way in hell will i cast a vote of Hillary.