1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Props to Ariza

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by johnnydeezy1, Feb 24, 2016.

1. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

Amidst this embarrassing season and all the the negativity it rightfully deserves. Just wanted to give Trevor Ariza some credit. The guy is a pro. He stays in his lane and rarely tries to do too much like Brewers crazy ass. Always solid defense, especially in crunch time, clutch in general actually. The epitome of a 3 and D player cause that's literally all he does and I'm cool with that. Also, seems just like a cool dude. It sucks the rockets are wasting his last years as a starter . Not really a great thread or anything I get it , but I've had too many angry and frustrated feelings over this team and its all I see on the forum as well, just thought it would be nice to look at a positive. Trevor your alright. i appreciate your game and more importantly your effort.

I'm not mad at the wolverine either. But that's too much positivity for this season.

1 person likes this.
  2. rockets13champs

41-41 at its finest

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Didn't know Trevor Ariza posted here

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Props to no one.

1 person likes this.
  5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I love Ariza. He just does his job.

There are a lot of people who want him traded. I'm in the camp of having him and Bev stay Rockets forever

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

My fav player on this current roster. Easy to root for. Does the right things, gives 100% on both ends. Doesn't take plays off. Guards 1-4, guards opposition best perimeter player, covers Harden's ass defensively every game, steps up and hits big 3's when needed

7. Houston288South

Agreed. I really like Ariza.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

He lost it for a while early in the season but he quickly recovered. We have to keep Ariza and Beverley on this team for the next few years, excellent guys who deserve every penny of their money whether they start or not.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Props, indeed. Feel bad he's wasting his time here. He deserves to contend for a title.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Meh he already has a ring so I don't feel bad.

1 person likes this.
  11. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He's the only major rotation player who has value as a trade asset. Brewer and Beverley have minimal trade value since Beverley can't play defense anymore. The only other two would be Capela and Harrell. It's sad but this crew isn't positioned to win it so he's probably gone in a trade this summer.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

He contended for a title last season. Rockets are in playoffs this season. And this is only his 2nd season back in Houston. What am I missing here? :confused:

Besides no one deserves anything, you want something, then go out and get it.

13. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Solid guy to have on the team. Excellent defender, and he occasionally has nights where he shoots the other team out of the building.

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Trevor Ariza has a 13 PER. Even if you think PER is a stupid he is a below average offensive player. He is also super streaky to boot.

His Dtrg is 109. He just isn't that good of a player.

Ariza is new Teflon Don aka Shane Battier. He can suck and people will still like him.

2 people like this.
  15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Couldn't have said it better! (Repped)

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Good or bad, he does his thing and almost always finds a way to impact the game. There's a lot to his game I do not like, but he's a great piece to have.

The way he carries himself, competes and stays in control - it's almost as if he has no business whatsoever being on this team. As if someone else coaches him and he hangs out in a different locker room.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Can't really go out and get it when your team isn't even in the playoffs, at the moment.

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm OK with the guy, but his D isn't what it once was and he's way too streaky for our offensive game plan (which I loathe). His inbounds play last night on our last possession in OT puzzled me. He really looked confused or just plain lazy trying to find a cutter and had to call a TO. He then walked to the huddle laughing. I didn't find humor in that whatsoever.

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Well I agree that he isn't that good of an offensive player that you would expect especially when you are comparing him to most of the other playoff team wing players.

But also keep in mind that, never has any other team that will require their wing player to guard the best offensive player of the other team from 1-4 position almost every single night, even Lebron won't need to take such load on defense like Ariza did.

Ariza is by no means perfect on defense and he ain't a lock down defensive player either, but consider what kind of shltty team we are currently having, I think its too much to ask for a guy like this to have great offensive contribution, not to mention he will need to play with Harden and always need to expect the ball throwing to him with 1.68 seconds left on the shot clock.

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

But not really. 9th, 2 games behind Portland who have owned us and now a loss to a young Jazz squad who are finding their identities and are on a roll.