1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Mock Draft - Texans 2nd Round v 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Who do you think the Texans pick in the 2nd?

1. Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State

12 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. Denver Kirkland, G/OT, Arkansas

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. Josh Doctson, WR, TCU

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Paxton Lynch, WR, Memphis

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  5. Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  6. Landon Turner, G, North Carolina

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  8. Vadal Alexander, G, LSU

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  9. Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Trade Up into 1st round

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Nimo

Nimo Member

After the senior bowl, we've decided that Wentz will be off the board when the Texans pick at 22. With Wentz gone, the board overwhelmingly went with Ezekiel Elliot, the running back from Ohio State. Wentz was in 2nd place but he was a distant second and Hackenberg was 3rd.

Hunter Henry was the board's pick in v 1.0. So, assuming the Texans pick Elliot in the 1st; who do you think they pick in the 2nd?

Note: We'll have another poll post-combine and early work-outs.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Picked Lynch. He's a WR on the poll though

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yeah. It was too late when I noticed I typed that wrong. Not sure what I was thinking.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

No way Lynch is there. Picked Hack. I'd prefer Wentz or Goff, but they won't be around in the first.

6. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

I don't know anything about these OL. I think Lynch and I think he may well be there. He's got size and is surprisingly mobile and those will be important to the BOB.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm not entirely thrilled about Lynch, but if he's there in Round 2 (unlikely), I'd take him.

If not him, Vadal Alexander.

8. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

I predict that QB needy teams such as the Niners, Browns, and Rams will draft at QB early, so I doubt Paxton will be available.

While I acknowledge the connection between Hackenberg and O'Brien, and I also acknowledge that Hackenberg's struggles were not entirely his fault, I just don't see the Texans drafting him in the second. Hackenberg's draft stock is being mocked anywhere from the third round to UFA. If the Texans do draft Hackenberg, I feel as if it will be done in the later rounds of the draft. Regardless of his connections to OB, in my opinion, Hackenberg is a project, and you don't draft projects in the second round.

I honestly think that the Texans will swing with Connor Cook if Lynch isn't there. Even though Connor has been probably one of the most polarizing prospects of this class in regards to his leadership and accuracy, I feel as if he has all the pieces, and under the guidance of this coaching staff, hopefully it can all come together.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

It's quite possible that if the Texans pass on Hackenberg, all the other teams will too. If his former coach who is desperate for a QB passes on him, there must be something wrong.