1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[1979] Moses Malone interview (1 min.)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, Feb 21, 2016.

1. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I don't think very many people have seen this video, but it's a very short video of an interview of Moses from 1979, and the only footage I've ever seen of the Summit pre-3pt line.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DbJax4N35ok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. rocketshopeful

solid. thanks 4 posting.

3. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

At the risk of going slightly off-topic :

If I'm not mistaken as to who she is, the woman at the 0:27 mark doing the interview is famous not only in Houston sports history, but national sports history.

Anybody care to guess who she is and why she's famous? :grin:

5. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member

Not sure, but it may be Anita Martini -- one of the first female reporters (if memory serves) allowed in the locker rooms back before it became acceptable.

I remember (as a kid) listening to local sportstalk with her and Mike Edmunds. This is way back in ancient times before 24-hour sportstalk radio over multiple stations, etc...

1 person likes this.
  6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Yeah she was first female reporter allowed on Locker room. RIP her and Moses

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yup. I believe that's her and she was the first female allowed into the lockerrooms of a major league team. I wasn't a big fan of Martini and Mike Edmonds' KPRC radio show (I used to listen to them while I was growing up, too) since I was a huge KTRH SportsBeat fan, but her contribution to broadcasting history is undeniable. Both of them seemed like cool people and died of cancer way too early.

Lots of Houston history in that video in the OP when you include Nissalke's voice... former Rockets coach who was the NBA Coach of the Year back in the 70's.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The way he stammered a bit reminded me of how to TJones talks lol.

But that's really cool man thanks for sharing.

9. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I think that's because he was always a bit of a shy person.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Moses helped some young kid at UH improve his game.

Thanks Moses.

11. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Brought Houston 2 MVP trophies. Something even the Dream himself didn't do (in spite of, of course, the rings).