1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

No Trade: Dwight Howard staying with Rockets past the trade deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Feb 18, 2016.

1. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

I feel kinda similar. But I am optimistic about the whole thing. I thought DMo was going to be huge after the all star break. I loved the offensive flow when he was on the court. Now we're hopefully going to see more minutes for Smith. The loss of Thornton will probably bring in more Terry or KJ McDaniels whom I am anxious to see. Terry himself I think boasts the highest +/- on the team.

So hopefully we see more Smith so he can get a better feel of the offense. Same with Lawson. Now that they know they arent being traded is it uncalled for to imagine they might play better? Pressure is off and they are on contract years so they need to perform well or we're just going to resign them for a lower market value. This year is *****ed though.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yippee the big selfish dork gets to stay until he leaves in the summer for nothing.

DD

3. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

what other teams offered for him must have been terrible for us to keep him knowing he'll leave this summer ...

4. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Shut your whiny ass up DD and trust Morey

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets sought frontline player, first-rounder for Dwight Howard

Why Dwight Howard's search for a new NBA home continues

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

So what are we doing here? Just sticking with the same team even though we're broken minus a possible starting PF and the only shooter off the bench who created for others? We kept Howard so we're still kind of trying to make the play-offs, but not really..anybody?

7. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

So the carpetbagger Howard refused to opt-in? Typical no-character garbage brought in by the worthless GM Morey.

8. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

(sorry double-post) And there is now zero chance Howard plays hurt. The Rockets will now collapse under the stench that is Daryl Morey.

1 person likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Marc Stein on the Lowe Post podcast:

Raptors: PJ Tucker & Ariza were the guys that appealed to them. In the end, how close it was, only they know.

(re: crazy money this summer) 4/80 for Ryan Anderson is not out of the realm.

Stein: If the Heat knew Bosh was okay and thought they could make a run, they would have been more serious about Dwight Howard. If they go for Howard, it has to be Deng, McRoberts, & Whiteside, that would have been the offer. Does Houston take it? The sense I got was Miami would have gone harder after Dwight if they thought they had a team in good shape to make a run. Too many questions to make that harder push. ... Riley is king of reclamation projects. Heat are the ultimate dice rollers.

Lowe: If Miami got serious about Dwight, would they put Dragic on the table?

Stein: ...If they did make Dragic available, I'd assume the line would be long.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Deng, McRoberts and Whiteside on the Rockets. That would have been interesting.

Harden
    Ariza
    Deng
    Smoove
    Whiteside

Defense should not have been a problem with this starting 5.