1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harris County Cop Shot execution style at a Gas Station

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GlenDice, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

We need Forensic Files on this one for sure.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

#282 J.R., Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Weird how little information has hit the mainstream on this case after all the bizarre details started coming out last year. I guess nothing much has been happening.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Oh a lot has happened. A lot of ****ty police work and mismanagement. Detectives hiding witnesses, having sex with said witnesses, refusing to investigate phone records.

It's been a hoot.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's so weird, with all these shenanigans, that the media has basically moved on from this case. The official narrative is STILL that this was an isolated incident of a crazy black man killing a police officer for no apparent reason.

There is obviously some kind of cover-up going on with the love triangle between Goforth, the woman he was having an affair with (who was at the murder scene) and the murderer who was also seeing her.

Now that there will be no trial.....I guess the cover-up is complete.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Wild isn't it

Rocket River

7. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Hopefully someday someone makes a pretty awesome made-for-TV movie or a Netflix documentary about all this. I feel like if someone just took the time to really dig into things the story would turn out to be even more bizarre and crazy than we know.

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It is surprising that the media hasn't covered this as much. It's a big controversial story which would make HPD look embarrassed, but maybe they're embarrassed that they'd have to backtrack and change the earlier narrative.

9. ima_drummer2k

Well, at least someone is asking a few questions...

EDIT: This story is from October, but linked to the front page of Chron dot com today.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Incompetent..... criminal... immoral... class warfare...... racist... inexcusable and reprehensible.

BUT.....

Life goes on, because not enough people really care enough to change it..... life is good in Houston, so excuses are made........... Ohhh look the Kardashians!

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

just need a paranormal angle and this would be a great x-files episode. now that she's been deemed "crazy" maybe we're close.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

At this point . .. I have no words

This is the craziest 'investigation' I have ever seen

Rocket River

13. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

If there was any doubt at all that it was Shannon who did the killing people might be more up in arms, like the Steve Avery case. It's way easier to be outraged at the idea of someone being locked up for something they didn't do. In this case it's more of questioning why in the hell the police and the court seem to have behaved so bizarrely, and if that cover-up is reason to believe that the murder might have been less random than they originally portrayed it...but the dude clearly still murdered someone in cold blood.

I just want to know all the seedy details. :)

14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I didn't pay attention to this one at all because I thought it would be open and shut, but WOW...I'm in day one for the future Documentary

15. ima_drummer2k

Yeah, that's probably why no one is really outraged about all of this. It's pretty much a given that he did it, so no one is being wrongly accused.

I just wonder why the sheriff's office is covering this up. Is it as simple as not wanting to drag Goforth's name through the mud? Or is it something more sinister than that? [cue the creepy music]

16. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-8lDYrvTILc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Multiple news vans at the gas station today. Always happens when there is an update.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Understood but the institutional issue is far bigger than whether the accused shot the officer. You have institutional lying, deception and cover up by multiple people in positions of power and in multiple institutions. That IS a really big deal but it calls everything into question.

My question, and I am not huge on conspiracy theories, is... What the hell exactly is going on in the DA's office and the Sheriff's office...

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'll ask my buddy that's a sergeant about this. I've just never really asked him what happened with this deal even though it was pretty shady.

20. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Oh I agree. It's why I'm fascinated by this. I'm with ima, it feels like it HAS to be more than just trying to protect Goforth's name from allegations of sleeping around. I mean, I don't know what the legal implications are, but it seems like a pretty common thing for people to get out of charges because of procedural screw-ups. It would be a shame if this guy got off or somehow got a lighter sentence because they didn't want it known that the police officer in question couldn't keep his dick in his pants.

But I have no idea else it could be.