1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gilbert Arenas Admits to Credit Card Fraud on Instagram

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bulkatron, Jan 29, 2016.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Agent Zero might be the dumbest secret agent ever. He just admitted to defrauding American Express of tens of thousands of dollars.

http://hiphollywood.com/2016/01/gil...ut-committing-credit-card-fraud-on-instagram/

A little snippet of his scheme - how much money does this fool need?

"im the reason BIG strip clubs #fingerprint now hahaha..I'll order $80,000 worth of ones,throw about $40,000 of it too the strippers,sneak the rest out the club...have one of my #teammates sign that bill....wake up the next day,call #americanexpress(my card was stolen at the strip club last night,and these charges aint mines) with a (no questions asked policy)once they see its not ur signture,they refund you ALL your money back lmaoooo soooo I got the $80,000 I spent back.."

Agent Zero might be the dumbest criminal in America right now.

2. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Link has NSFW language, by the way...

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Harden's future.

hibachi

1 person likes this.
  4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

What a moron hahahahahaha.

5. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

He still hasn't taken the post down what a dumbass lol

[​IMG]

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Which one is dumber?

This or taking guns to the locker room

7. omgTHEpotential

Guys like him man... That's pretty dumb.

Do you imagine Steve Nash doing this? Or John Stockton? Or... Dirk?

8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

This might be dumber because he's OPENLY admitting to the general public that he commits credit card fraud.

9. RedRedemption

There are boatloads of professional soccer players committing tax fraud. Its not just black athletes.

10. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

What a toolbag... This and the guns with Crittenton.. HIBACHI!

Hope Harden doesn't follow in his footsteps. SWAGGGG!

11. omgTHEpotential

I didn't say that only black athletes commit fraud. I said that guys like Nash/Stockton/Dirk probably wouldn't put it on their instagram if they did.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wasn't Dirk Nowitzki defrauded by a stripper? I'm not sure he's that bright either.

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

The part that makes this Next Level type of dumb is the instagram part

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

All this after he got one of the biggest contracts in the league at the time and didnt even have to play the final years of it. Scum of the earth. Then again so are credit card companies. So whatever.

15. omgTHEpotential

Did he put it on his instagram? ;)

16. RedRedemption

Credit cards are great for people that don't run balances month to month. Almost 100% guaranteed fraud protection and rewards.
    Off-topic, but yeah Gilbert is a dumbass. I wonder how badly he ****ed himself with that public statement lol.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If you pay on time there are rewards to reap. Heck with the up tier version there is much more rewards. You spend $100s of thousands to millions and they give you anywhere between 2 to 10 percent back. Now that's alot of money back into the bank. You gotta dumb not to use credit if you are spending that much.

18. Lovemachine2000

I agree with your first sentence, but basically the highest cashback/rewards you receive is about 2% of your spending. You are getting <1% rewards back from Amex Centurion in most cases. I would say the more exclusive credit cards usually don't offer the best rewards/cashback.

But yeah, Agent Zero is a dumbass. He won't necessarily be directly punished for this public revelation, but it's a glimpse into his speedy descent into bankruptcy .

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If you pay the $50 to $100 upper tier they increase your cash back significantly. But even a standard Chase Freedom should offer some significant cash back if you spend that much to begin with. The thing is athletes and other rich ppl sometimes do over spend, so even a small percentage back could save them a ton in the long run. Just enough to live on comfortably. Whats a 1% of 2.3 million dollars spent? And then all of sudden you go completely broke and only have that 1% to fall back on? That's good enough to get a decent rental place or make a down payment on a new big house somewhere. So yeah.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Agreed on both. All I use are credit cards and pay them off every month. Im specifically talking about the surcharges charged towards the businesses for every transaction. Also the scum merchant services that handle those transactions.

Some cards offer up to 10% on charges; Discover does and recently my chase card did for purchases on amazon throughout the last quarter. But usually the rewards are 1-2% unless that card has a rotating rewards program