1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Titans Ownership Chaos

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by cardpire, Jan 26, 2016.

1. cardpire

cardpire Member

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They could probably sell that in order to get a bit of money to help one person buy everyone else out, but honestly I don't want the Oilers name back, just the history.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

4. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Agreed... only for the history.

5. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

I dunno, I would love the Oilers name & history back. Think it would be great for this city but probably won't happen.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Oilers were losers, they won their division 6 total times in 26 years....The Texans have won their division 3 of the last 5 seasons.

For that reason, I don't want the name back but guys like Earl Campbell and Warren Moon shouldn't be attached to Tennessee.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Agree!

But how about we get the team back and place the Oilers in Katy or Sugar Land?

I am sure Tim Fertitta (Owner of Landrys) has a few billion laying somewhere.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

Lol. The oilers won their division 6 times in 26 years. The Texans have won their division 3 times in 13 years. Math much?

Not to mention, there are more division winners now.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Lets just clear the decks.....

The Oilers and Texans both underwhelmed.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Both are accurate. The Texans have half as many division wins in the last 5 years than the Oilers had in their entire history, that's what I was showing.

11. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

lol...well, at least we're consistent.

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I've said it before, so I'll say it again. I'd like the Oilers history back, and I'd like to change the Texans branding to include the Oilers colors.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but one was an expansion team facing difficult years at the start, the other was an original AFL team

14. today

today Contributing Member

Name and History please...

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

You know what I'm about to say here, right?

16. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Lol. Go for it

17. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

It sucks that they took our history to Tennessee. It was us rooting for the players all those years. Itd be no different than If The Tirans would move back to Houston, their Super Bowl run belongs to the fans of Tennessee.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The Oilers/Titans have always been a stumbling on their two left feet franchise... thanks to their jackass of a founding owner... and apparently he's still screwing things up in his death.

Of course he would fail to have a clear succession plan in place... of course he would demand a new stadium after demanding expensive renovations just 8 years prior.... of course he would be short-sighted enough to move to a smaller media market where his franchise value diminished.

19. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

You know how I know their ownership is a mess? They hired freaking Mike (18-39) Mularkey as head coach and then tried to bury the news by announcing it when a playoff game was on. But whatever, that's good news for us Texans fan if they are a mess.

As far as bringing back the oilers history and or name? Eff that. That oilers died. It would feel cheap if we suddenly inherited the name and or history of the oilers. It's like that stupid 1 day contract some stars sign with their original team after spending the latter years elsewhere. Sorry, Olajuwon retired as a Raptor not a rocket. Emmitt retired as a Cardinals to me and not a cowboy. Jerry rice retired as a Broncos practice squad player and not as a niner.

Honestly, the oilers history like Luv ya Blue, earl Campbell, Mike renfro non-catch mean absolutely nothing to me and anyone born in 1973 or later. Let the history go. They never even won anything. Houston's current NFL history is from 2002 and that's it.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'd love to have the Oilers name and colors back. The name is a classic awesome name and logo that fits the city. Buds Adams was the loser, not the name.