1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Fargo

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

What a crap last episode. Fan service, connections to season 1 and movie I don't care about, and zilch action. Nothing happened. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

2. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I think its funny that Jesse Plemons is known for 3 different TV shows..and he's killed someone on each show..while playing completely different types of people.

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
    [​IMG]

BREAKING BAD
    [​IMG]

FARGO
    [​IMG]

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

ha i completely forgot he killed somebody on FNL.

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Man that is awesome that the goons from season 1 were shown here.

But i was expecting closure for hanzee and Milligan. Do the cops not go after him?

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I dunno...the spaceship kind of ruined the whole thing for me.

I was just like WTF the whole time. I wanted it to be a helicopter or something man made. It's like the whole thing went to the twilight zone. I guess that was kind of the point because the whole thing was outta control at that point.

I was never expecting it to go sci-fi like that.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Loved Milligan's facial expression at the end

I am the King, killed them all (part of them) now all I get is a desk job?

7. conquistador#11

I think I missed that, flipping between rockets game. what part do they show the goons from season 1? I'll have to watch it again

at first I was upset with the characters of milligan and his big ben sidekick, they did nothing, all the work was done for them. But the ending was perfect, he gets a boring slow corporate desk job after talking about revolution.

I was o.k with the no closure with hanzee, like javier bardem's character not dying when hit by a car.

As for the UFO, another poster linked the article of the sightings that year. It happened, brehs! believe!

8. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I understand. I was a little confused but they said throughout the show, they have been referencing Coen Bros movies and that is one of the references.

9. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

The goons were the kids playing baseball when Hanzee was sitting on the bleachers watching.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You make it sound like Patrick Wilson wrote those lines? :p

imo, Dunst out-acted him that entire scene. She was at her best in that scene.

12. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

ties to season 1:

Hanzee's new identity "Tripoli" is the name of the mob boss in Season 1...i suspect the bullied kids he helps at the end grow up to be

[​IMG]

13. Newlin

Newlin Member

So, Ewan McGregor will be the lead actor in season three. He is set to play a pair of identical twins, causing each scene to be shot twice. I'm looking forward to this.

Unfortunately, I think I heard season three won't premier until 2017.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

WTF. I love the movie Fargo. That last episode must have been horrible.

15. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I like Ewan McGregor, he'd make a great bumbling and naive Minnesotian.

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

That guy from the original Office certainly did fine enough.

17. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Also, I didn't know this thread existed. Cool.

My take on the whole UFO thing, I didn't care for it at the time because it took me out of what was going on. I think a more subtle approach, where maybe a few characters saw it before they were killed and then it just flew away, that would have worked maybe. Instead it became the focus and took away from the drama and suspense going on.

18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He could basically play his character from Big Fish with a Minnesotan accent and be perfect. This show in just two seasons rocketed up my list of favorite television. Can't wait for it to come back.

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Mary Elizabeth Winstead joins Fargo Season 3

[​IMG]

Fargo has never been lacking for talented actors in its series to date, and the show has lined up Ewan McGregor and Carrie Coon for its third run of episodes. The cast has just increased by one as 10 Cloverfield Lane's Mary Elizabeth Winstead will take a role.

The plot for the new season is still largely under wraps, though we know a little bit about what the three actors hired so far will be up to – McGregor has a double role as brothers Emmit and Ray Stussy, whose lives have taken very different tracks. Emmit is the toast of his small corner of Minnesota, a handsome, self-made businessman seemingly living the American Dream to the full. Ray, on the other hand, peaked in High School and works as a parole officer full of simmering envy about his brother's good fortune. Coon is Gloria Burgle, a calm, level-headed chief of the Eden Valley Police force confronted by a world where people connect more with their phones than with each other. Add to that Winstead's Nikki Swango, described as a crafty and alluring recent parolee with a passion for competitive bridge playing (well, this is Fargo). Nikki is a woman with a plan, focused on always being at least one move ahead of her opponents.

This next season will be set in 2010, and should be on our screens next year.

http://www.empireonline.com/people/...mary-elizabeth-winstead-joins-fargo-season-3/

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Anyone watching? Yippie, Winstead is steady, fun to watch.

GRENDEL likes this.