1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Hulk Hogan is not a true american for body slamming Rocky!!!

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I'm an American and so can you

3. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Houston played him 28min/game coming off the bench. This is not what you do with a player whose "basketball performance was just bad".

Keep hating...:p

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he was horrible in the playoffs and inconsistent as a player on the rockets.
    they traded him before his 3rd year on his contract.

basically they got nothing for the trade.

he was bad.

5. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    I'm with you tinman, the hulk hogan post had me laughing out loud again. By the way this is kind of how I picture you. You are single-handedly keeping this thread alive. If I ever make it to Houston, you have to let me buy you a beer, now say your prayers and eat your vitamins.

6. parksn306

I agree with a lot of what you say, I don't think there is anything wrong with following a player, in fact the NBA more so than any other league has encouraged it.

What I absolutely can't stand is following only winning teams. I remember a kid I grew up with in the 90's who was a "fan" of the Bulls, Yankees and Cowboys. I couldn't stand him.

So yeah I feel like most fans have their home team (Sixers for me which is why I spend so much time on this board), and a whole bunch of players they watch. In rare cases I follow franchises like the Spurs and Patriots just because I am impressed by their coaching and system or real outlier teams like the Wildcat Dolphins or the Dubs.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not necessarily a good thing imho :rolleyes:

8. tinman

Supporting Member

i'm not die antwoord

9. parksn306

LOL fair point, definitely if you are looking for intelligent bball conversation, but to me it's theater and something to check out during the commercial breaks of football (When did Carson Palmer become good?) I also like Lin and so there are often good links in here.

The problem all of these LOF have is that they actually take tinman seriously. I think Clutch likes these thread cause they help keep tinman off of the rest of the forum. Either way based on his references I think tinman and I are close in age, if you don't get the references that's a shame cause some of them are hilarious.

1 person likes this.
  10. parksn306

Wow you know who this is? I was just googling for an image of someone instigating an entire crowd to riot. I'm impressed!

11. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

What you guys are now going to dog his hair?

If you're a martial arts fan, you can appreciate this. This is true OG. Love it.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Jermey Lin is turning to Miley Cyrus. Next we'll see Lin whip his dick out in the middle of the a game.

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

He made shaqtin a fool

16. malakas

malakas Member

That hair is horrendous!!! I don't care if it's popular or not it is simply godawful.

Well first of all noone can relate fully to you because noone here has tasted the biterness of having their home team stolen from them. This is something that as a European I can not even begin to understand how it feels, a pure betrayal to the essence of a fan. If someone tried to take my home team away and move it elsewhere, you can bet there would be riots even by the peaceful fans like me.
    Last year when the Bucks almost moved I along with other international fans participated in the fans campaign to keep the team and sent emails to the local politicans even if it wouldn't really affect our fandom one iota since we only get to watch matches online.
    Because if our team moved, it's a complete and utter disillusionment , the league tells you you are not nothing but a credit card number, your feelings , your history as a fan, your memories belong in the dumpster.:rolleyes:

Maybe when your heart is ready again you will get attached to another team and you won't be a nomad. For the record almost every Hornets fan I have spoken to online, seems very sympathetic and passionate. Maybe it's because they are a small market team that also have to suffer from a horrible team owner that I like them. But the Hornets can be your next team to really get behind even if Lin leaves. They have great passion for their team. And possibly the coolest team colours.

17. yoeddy

He was not "horrible in the playoffs"... He made one mistake that led to an OT. Other than his 3pt %, his playoff stats across the board were better than his regular season stats.

And yes, they traded him before the last year of his contract, which was too high. You don't think that they'd have kept him at $5M/yr like he earned his first two seasons?

18. yoeddy

I take linan very seriously...

19. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Jeremy Lin is having the last laugh. We totally screwed up keeping Pat Bev.

20. yoeddy

Bev is not a bad player. But I'm sure the Rockets would have been happy giving Lin that contract instead of Bev.