1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Idris Elba As Roland Of Gilead???

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by axstar713, Dec 10, 2015.

1. axstar713

axstar713 Member

I'm sorry, but Idris Elba cast as Roland would be a huge mistake.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...-mcconaughey-in-stephen-kings-the-dark-tower/

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

As someone who doesn't really read books.

I'm excited to see Idris Elba vs. Matthew McConaughey.

3. thejav

thejav Member

Idris elba should play every main character in every major movie..he is that good.. Please no more super hero movie..he is above that..

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't really see what the problem casting him would be. It's been a long time, but from what I remember of the book, there aren't many characters at all, and what ones there are don't do much talking. Can Elba stalk silently around for 2 hours? I think he can. Even Keanu Reeves would do just fine.

5. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I just went from six to midnight.

In the first book there isn't much at all. In later books Roland talks more but Elba is more than up to the task. I think the other group members will require more acting range.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

#AllThingsAreIdris

Rocket River

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I hope they aren't doing the whole series. I read #1-#4. #1 was pretty good. #4 was very good. #2 and #3 are best thrown into the dustbin of history.

9. malakas

malakas Member

I just started watching Luther with Idris Elba and I think it's a great idea. He's amazing.

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Well I'm interested in this movie happening once again now. That would be two excellent castings with Idris and Matthew...gives me chills thinking about it

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Anybody who thinks Idris Elba isn't capable of playing pretty much any male lead is gonna have a bad time. He's seriously one of the best, if not THE best out there right now.

12. Entropy

Entropy Member

Nice continuity with Matthew McConnaughey also playing Randal Flagg in The Stand.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yea I don't get it. He's good. I think he was runner-up to DDD for the part of Abraham Lincoln.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You should finish it off and read 5, 6 and 7.

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

All three of those were kind of "Meh" IMHO. Felt rushed as King was feeling his mortality after being hit by the car and just cranked them out to make sure he finished while he was still alive. Really enjoyed the two books (Wizard and Glass and Wind Through the Keyhole) about Roland's past the most and hope King writes more of them.

17. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Idris can do anything. I would choose him to play me in a movie about my life and i am white and about 10 years younger. He is that good.