1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Fargo

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 11, 2014.

1. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure Hanzee not only saw it also but was either abducted for 2 hours or somehow in a suspended state for two hours. The clocks they show in the episode when he is investigating the murder scene at the diner seem to indicate he lost two hours while there.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yep. Something went overhead, and they made a big point of showing the cafe clock and Hanzee looking at his watch afterwards.

Is Fargo going to explain this mystery? Seems out of place for this show.

3. Buck Turgidson

There was a much publicized UFO sighting in Minnesooota in the 70's, that's what they are referencing. It may have nothing to do with the actual story, or it might.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Val_Johnson_incident

4. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Aliens

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I found it delightfully wacky, they'd been hinting at it all season.....

6. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

I like how they showed up, and then left. No real impact other than to interrupt Lou's grappling with Bear. I hope they don't explain it any further than that. It's just...there.

By the by, this was a MASTERFUL episode. This show is so incredibly good.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This show goes for broke and does not play it safe. As has happened with many shows before, the penultimate episode will be a tough act for the finale to follow.

Seriously, I don't see how the finale can top this.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I feel like it wont deliver. My guess is they don't wrap-up this storyline until season 3. Meaning loose ends.

9. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

imo, Hanzee's character is too over-the-top now. I liked him better before when was a quiet, skilled killer, just following orders. Now he seems like a t-1000 terminator, killing everyone in his path.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Man...I really gotta start watching this show, don't I?

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Fargo, like True Detective, doesn't appear to want story-lines crossing seasons. Each season is brand new.

Hanzee is chasing the Blumquists. That part will be wrapped up. The Gerhardt's are all dead, so that's done. What happens to Milligan is another story-line. And, of course, let's not forget the all-important what happens to Molly Solverson's mother who has cancer.

The UFO's will likely be left alone. What else needs to be wrapped up?

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm not sure we know what's left to wrap up yet, I'm expecting a final twist.

The recent episode begins with Martin Freeman reading from an expose about the case in what seems to be modern times. The way he's reading it, going on about the butcher and his wife, it's as if the entire thing ended a mystery.

In season 1, Lou briefly refers to some major/crazy case he was involved in while sitting on (IIRC) his daughter's porch in a rocking chair with a gun, where he is keeping watch throughout the night. That conversation, IIRC, seemed to suggest that whatever happened ended badly and may never have been settled.

Finally I believe there are rumors about actor/s from season 2 being included in season 3 (set in modern times).

So just a theory. I wouldn't put this framing in the TD family since the protagonist this season was in season 1 and the protagonist from season 1 is in this season.

13. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

wow, the Alien storyline is completely stupid and was completely out of place on the show. The rest of the show and season was so great, but that part was utterly dissapointing.

If that would have happened on the Walking Dead, the entire thread would have blown up because of how stupid it was..but in the fargo thread its completely accepted.

Amazed

14. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

They have already mentioned that the 3rd season will be a few years after the end of the 1st season. They may have a few connections to the 2nd season (Molly will likely show somewhere, I imagine) but all the storylines that get wrapped up this season will be wrapped in the finale. Bet on it.

For me the UFO thing is acceptable because it totally fits in with the Coen brothers aesthetic that the show is aping. Walking Dead is a totally different feel.

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

Don't forget. One Gerhardt remains.

As for the UFO. I agree that it seems out of place. HOWEVER, in 1979 there was a very well publicized UFO sighting in Minnesota. So, some of the UFO business is sort of built around alleged actual events.

Anyway, I've loved this season. I plan to go back and watch it again.

Oh, and the music has been awesome.

16. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Yet A) They've not only alluded to a UFO/aliens all season, but B) This isn't even the first time we've seen the UFO! Just more up close and personal.

So... in that regard, what has changed from the rest of this great season?

17. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, whoever was in charge of that deserves some sort of recognition. Wonder if they'll put out a soundtrack?

18. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I thought it was random and unneeded then too. Way out of place.

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Let's all pretend it never happened.

Maybe Peggy is an alien.

#279 fallenphoenix, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  20. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

How in the world can those two dimwits keep getting out of situations where everyone else winds up dead? That part just has me LMAO about this series. Oh and does anyone have a current body count? I got lost at 47. Can't wait for season three.