1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC original series] Into The Badlands 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jul 13, 2015.

Tags:
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nice....he plays Guldan.

On a side note anyone loathes that leather one tailer outfit of his? Could have been a more silky Qipao. ;)

2. Victorious

Victorious Member

this show is bad ass. i love the fight scenes. tv is so ****ing good right now! too much to watch

3. New Generation

Just watched both the current episodes, and I'm really impressed. Good mix of fighting and drama, and the acting is really up there, as far as the main characters are concerned.

The only thing that caught me by surprise, but isn't really a big deal, is that

it's a bit sy-fy with the inherent power(s). Though it's definitely something I can see myself liking.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You don't need guns to kill people. Happy? I'm one of those people you would have someone direct your suggestion to. Now why don't you put the political crap where in belongs, in the Basement. D&D.

5. VanityHalfBlack

Agreed on the sci fi. The setting looks like something out of Xena warrior princess.

6. VanityHalfBlack

Ya'll caught up yet?

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yes. This show is already better than TWD and it has room to grow.

8. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Liked last nights episode...

except for that whiny little boy. Know that is on purpose but still annoying. Ready for him to use his powers again.

9. VanityHalfBlack

My only quip and it's a little one is that it's turning into a little game of thrones e??? Even that one mistress it wife of the Baron looks like that one chick from got.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

There is a place for this show, but I'm kind of tired of AMC trying to cram it down my throat like this tried with that Low Winter Sun crap.

At the same time a show like Halt & Catch Fire seemed to get very little promotion.

Into the Badlands so far is well.... cheesy as hell SciFi Channel material, but that's okay. Where they are going wrong is trying to convince me its something otherwise, and the characters on the show over acting these silly roles.

The world building also is pretty flimsy. I heard something from the main character the other day that was like "I need you to get me out of the Badlands"... I was just thinking about the guy going 80 mph on some deserted plantation farmland and beating the crap out of a group of 10 trained killers, and thinking.... really... this guy has a problem "escaping the Badlands" now? What the hell is "The Badlands" even mean?

Again... I think the show has a place and a niche, but on AMC right after TWD on a Sunday night with so much already on? You're better off spending half the budget and getting a Friday night slot on Sci Fi. Oddly enough there was probably a place for Low Winter Sun too but it wasn't right after TWD. Maybe Friday night on CBS after or before one of those NCIS shows.

11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

The kid's acting is a little on the poor side but over all I'm enjoying the show. I like the steampunk meets kung fu world they've built and the action scenes are top notch.

emmmm and the Widow.... Smoking Hot

12. Nero

Nero Member

It's ridiculous, and the writing is 6th-grade level.

But I am sticking with it for a while, just to see if it manages to distill itself into something worthwhile.

If you didn't know, so far everything has just been 'set-up' for the real story, which is Sonny and 'MK' heading out into the mysterious unknown together.. it's yet another adaptation of 'Journey to the West', at least according to what I have read.

Overall it's just so dreadfully silly. I mean.. no guns? Like, they CAN'T have guns somehow? Or they just WON'T use guns? It's not like there aren't plenty of immoral bad guys who would have no qualms about breaking the law and using guns..

Ok then well what about bows.. arrows? Crossbows? Cannons?

What is the exact rule on this? .. They drill for oil, they still use internal-combustion vehicles, they sell illegal deadly drugs and shrug about it.. they have x-ray machines and stuff.. but they don't have eyebrow-tweezers for that homely ninja daughter chick..? Come on.

I am hoping they manage to come up with a plausible explanation for their world-building, other than 'Hey, this would be cool!'

We'll see.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agree the writing isn't very good but I liked it anyway. Looking forward to season 2.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Finale was meh. I wouldn't be upset if that never aired another episode

#34 Haymitch, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Watched the entire season last week. I'll give it a B-

It's a hokey soap opera. MK and Rider seem to have both went to the Power Rangers school of acting. I'm not sure how MK stays alive in this 'survival of the fittest' atmosphere with his constant lip and acting up. Same with Rider to a lesser degree. Agree with the other posters on the writing.

But...I'll keep watching. The fights are great and the women are pretty. Except for Tilda. She looka-like-a-man AND Ms. Swan at the same time, which is an amazing coincidence.

[​IMG]

16. VanityHalfBlack

No news on season 2? That's not a good sign. So much left unexplained. Does anything think this show is a little over budget??? Maybe that's the problem for no renewal?

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The news there (I looked in to it last night) is that it was the 3rd highest rated new show on Cable last year and that the producers are meeting. It will happen. AMC finances much lower rates shows like Hell on Wheels.

18. VanityHalfBlack

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So far. . . .this show is about as good as THE IRON FIST!

Rocket River

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Question: I stopped watching the first season. Should I go back and catch up before watching season 2?

Please say no.