1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Johnny Manziel enters treatment

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by sugrlndkid, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Its been less than a month since the incident with his girlfriend and him skating by without getting domestic violence charges against him when he was rumored to be drunk that night. He didn't make 2 months sober from a stint in rehab so yeah the Browns probably are pissed he is out drinking and partying during the bye week.

2. ths balla

ths balla Member

First off, Im more inclined the rehab thing was a publicity stunt...

Second, if you know anything about his gf, I would be hard pressed to believe the domestic violence charges, which were dropped by the way...she is no little angel and by no means am I downplaying the incident, but she is just as much of a detriment to his career...I have family in the club industry and shes known to drink a lot and cross that "white line"

3. ths balla

ths balla Member

He wont be jobless next year that is a fact

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

The Crowleys are thots though. Glad Parsons left that even though Parsons is a douche now.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

This is the sad truth. If he wants to keep the party life, he needs to play much better. Like Cam Newton better. When the team already has questions about your game, don't give them more ammunition with your personal life.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This mindset could be part of the problem. He can't have it all and needs to make a choice between partying and having (a chance at) a successful career as an NFL QB.

At this point, I think we all know which is more important to him. If he can't shut the nightlife down for 2-3 years and dedicate himself to football, it's over.

What a loser.

7. the shark

the shark Member

My prediction. End of the season Brownies release him.

Not too long after that Jerry Jones signs him.

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Of course. He would be an outstanding club promoter.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Or maybe he already knows he's unlikely to carve out much of a successful NFL career... and might as well be who he wants to be.

I'm sure he'd get a nice gig announcing college games (if he really wanted it), and he and Joey Harrington can share stories of their NFL highlights together.

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

I doubt he believed that. While his life off the field is a wreck, he was making real progress on the field. He had been given the starting QB job for the rest of the season. Everything was moving in the right direction on the field.

The guy is just very very immature. Or he has very serious alcohol problems. Maybe some of each.

Maybe he wasn't ever going to be a great QB in the NFL. But, he is flushing whatever career he could have had down the toilet.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I doubt he's given up on his NFL career so soon. Don't think he's programmed that way.

I also don't think he has the camera personality to announce games.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Glazer: Manziel lied to the Browns coaching staff about age of video. Plus, Manziel told people who shot video to lie as well.</p>&mdash; mike freeman (@mikefreemanNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/mikefreemanNFL/status/669922635166404608">November 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Victorious

Victorious Member

so true about the lying lol. heres his dumbass dj friend who shot the video:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/Ryan__Babyak">@Ryan__Babyak</a> the video was old</p>&mdash; DJ LX #DrumsquadDJs (@djlxatx) <a href="https://twitter.com/djlxatx/status/669269932698275840">November 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Lol. Why dose anyone believe he will have a relevant pro career? Because Drew Bress and Russell Wilson succeeded? He is nothing like those guys. Those guys are men. Johnny cares about swag.

15. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

This Syrian is terrorizing Cleveland.

This is the career Allah meant for him. I see a return to the motherland (Dubai) in his future.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

How stupid can he be? He had a better chance of keeping his job if he had just told the truth and apologized. He is a joke.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I don't think he's programmed to really care about much... except for having a good time regardless of the consequences.

18. Milos

Milos Member

Sorry Major ... just had to bring this one back
    Looks like Johnny is just another liar using the 'Rehab PR Stunt' after all
    My judgement 10 months ago may have been 'premature' ... but looks like it was correct

19. Milos

Milos Member

Can't compare the unwritten conduct 'rules' of QB to any other position in any other sport
    Doubtful anybody in Cleveland would care about his off-field antics if he was putting in the work when it mattered, had the respect and confidence of his team, and was producing positive results on the field

It's like that great Al Pacino quote from Any Given Sunday to Jaime Fox (Willie Beamon) -
    Tony D'Amato:
    "You're a ******* quarterback!
    You know what that means? It's the top spot, kid.
    It's the guy who takes the fall.
    It's the guy everybody's looking at first - the leader of a team - who will support you when they understand you.
    Who will break their ribs and their noses and their necks for you, because they believe. 'Cause you make them believe.
    That's a quarterback."

Similar to our current situation with James Harden -
    Last year, playing at MVP level the whole season, NOBODY cared where or with whom he spent his late nights
    This year, with a clear lack of effort/production/results on the court, Harden's nightlife has suddenly become a major issue

When respected, All-Pro vets like Joe Thomas are calling you out publicly for your lack of leadership, OBVIOUSLY his 'lifestyle' is affecting on-field performance