1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey is officially in the HOT seat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I'll be honest... If morey is fired I really will quit watching this team... And probably quit on the NBA. He has done exactly what the owner asked as the GM against the odds and put consistently competitive teams together. There is more than enough talent on this roster. Instead of firing anyone they should force the whole team, Including mr MVP, to a go to a psychiatrist. The UK kids have better mental fortitude than the majority of this team right now.

2. basketballholic

Agreed, don't want to see Morey fired.

Agreed, the talent is there.

Don't agree that we can win with these guys. It's the wrong mix of talent. More specifically it's the wrong mix of skill sets. We need great 3-point shooters/defenders. We've got exactly 1 guy that fits that bill, Ariza. The rest of the guys are bad to slightly above average defenders and nobody can shoot except for 2 guys (Thornton/Terry) who are terrible defenders.

It's the wrong mix of players around Harden/Howard.

As far as Morey goes, this is the really first time that I sense I'm diverging from his opinion. And I'm not sure I'm really diverging. It's hard for me to believe that Morey didn't want Smoove back. It's hard for me to believe that Morey felt we had enough great shooters on this team. And it's hard for me to believe that Morey really thinks Jones is going to be a plus player for us in the playoffs. It's hard for me to believe Morey really didn't think we needed a 3rd 5/4 to replace Smoove when we lost him. I think there's other unknowns here. With all the analysis Morey is able to do, I find it almost impossible to believe that he really thought this team was championship caliber without significant roster changeover.

#482 basketballholic, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey likes 3pt shooting and free throws.

But we don't have players are god at 3pt shooting and free throws.

This is must be kidding???!!!????

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

This is same post with same grammar error in multiple thread. This is must be kidding?!?!??!?!?!

1 person likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

There was life before Morey, there will be life after Morey, whenever that is.

Rockets basketball will go on.

1 person likes this.
  6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Sorry this must be kidding.

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If Morey wants this team to live on 3pt and freethrows, he should have recruited great shooters around Harden and Howard, rather than a bunch of brickers like right now.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Has always been my main concern is the lack of shot makers on the team.

DD

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Its not Morey's fault that 3 of the better players on last years team are playing like hot garbage now. Ariza, Brewer, Beverley are all having a very bad season.

The first time Morey decides to stand pat and keep players and this happens.

10. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Josh Smith shouted obscenities at a coach following the clippers lost, Morey go get him back.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Hey now, Ariza has found other ways to contribute and his defense has been pretty damn good. Brew needs to get to the gym and take shots, same with Lawson.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...rofanity-laced-argument-after-loss-to-raptors

Smith has struggled all season and had another sub-par game on Sunday. Playing close to 15 minutes, Smith finished with 2 points (1-4 FG, 0-3 3PT), 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks and 1 steal. He is averaging a career-low in minutes (14.8), points (4.9), rebounds (3.8) and assists (1.3).

Smith was touted as a big addition to the Clippers in the offseason, who along with Paul Pierce and Lance Stephenson was supposed to bring some much needed depth to the bench of Los Angeles. However, like the rest of the Clippers, Smith and the rest of the bench has struggled at the start of the season.

How eerie is that? He's having a horrible season as is the Clippers bench and their team is under .500 at 6-7 which is far below expectations. They're basically having the same season as the Rockets(although we're even worse).

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It is so sad the way you put it. :(

Morey is a great GM. But he has his flaws and they are costing him right now.

Yes, this team is mentally weak. And it was Morey who assemble this mentally weak team. I think Morey's biggest mistake is thinking talent trumps everything and neglected (or sacrifice) other important factors that are needed to win big.

I still think that Les Alexander has to bear a lot of blame for the mess we have right now, perhaps more so than Morey.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Always amazes me when these guys who spend years trying to find the ideal situation for themselves, find it, and then willingly leave. Smith was great in Houston. Threw it away.

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm curious How you think this is some how Les Alexander's fault? He just writes the checks.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Yeah brother he has his hands cut out for sure.

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

this definitely is must be kidding. morey comedian stand up or comedian writer.
    i hope to watch his movies comedian in the near future when his loses job lost

18. Mr Chuck Norris

Gah could you imagine a front court rotating Dwight, lma, smoove and capela? Maaaan

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

That rotation right there would have been lethal Chuck. Dwight could have done this back to back stuff and we would have been fine. McHale would have still been our coach and our record would've been much better than what it is today.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I wrote something somewhere else (maybe earlier in this thread), I'm too lazy to search for it.

Basically, Les meddles with basketball decisions, forcing Morey to do something he probably wouldn't have done. Examples: signing of Lin after Linsanity happened; firing McHale when it doesn't look likely that it would solve anything, at least for this season.