1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kristaps Porzingis

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rockets2012, Apr 30, 2014.

1. omgTHEpotential

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/e32PrqAWzPz/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I was wrong about porzingas. He has some nastiness in him. I still like Mudiay more, but he is a solid pick.

3. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

If you watched Mudiay against teams other than the Rockets, he wasn't as good. The team defense in that game was so bad it made Mudiay look better.

Having said that, Mudiay has got game. He's probably going to be a pretty frustrating player for his first year or two. He's going to rack up a ton of turnovers.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Can't wait until SAS publicly apologizes to Kristaps on First Take.

But you know that will never happen.

5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Based on what facts? Come on fam.

6. dmoneybangbang

It's way too early, but I would bet he has a better career than Okafor.

7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Smith will act like he believed in him since the beginning, then claim to be a good friend of the Porzingis family.

1 person likes this.
  8. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

SAS is a complete tool, on camera, because that is his act.

But, one thing about that guy, he eats his crow. I've never seen him say something stupid, and not take his licks publicly.

I got respect for that part.

9. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

lol I think I got mixed up with the whole Skip Bayless-Jalen Rose thing from a few years ago, that was some dishonesty.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

35 wins is pretty spot on for the Knicks I think. I hope it goes over just for the sake of **** off to SAS. Ja seems like a good guy.

12. omgTHEpotential

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/eLMDuHjwLla/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

13. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

It's so hard to judge international players before the draft. But I like this kid and he will bring the knicks back to relevance.

14. omgTHEpotential

He's averaging 11.5rpg, 1.9bpg and and 2.8spg PER36. Not a bad (defensive) impact for a prospect who was supposed to be a project. Althoug he fouls a lot and his shot is still shaky to start the season. Once he figures it all out, he should become an All-Star in the Eastern Conference.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From Clippers locker room last night: one player raves about Knicks' Porzingis, compares him to Dirk. Paul Pierce counters with Bargnani</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/662357602265796608">November 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. omgTHEpotential

Just show how little Paul Pierce actually follows the league and more precisely the rookies.

17. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Well, seeing as I wrote that way before his debut, I can say that based on the fact of Bargnani's career. He looked great in Euroleague/FIBA/ Draft workouts. He even had a good year or two with Toronto. It's still early to judge if he's a bust or not, I'm still sticking with my gut feeling on this.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well he looks to be quite a bit better than I thought he would be, primarily because I did not know he would play with such confidence and consistently attack. That's huge for a rookie, and he is doing it.

I still am not confident that he'll become a dominant player, but I didn't think he'd be averaging 12 pts and 5 rebs in 23 mpg in his first five pro games, so what do I know. Good job, Kristaps. Good job.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kristaps is the best longterm prospect in this draft by a long shot, on offense and defense.