1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Some signs of life in Harden, Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

1 person likes this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch!

I'm sure you were waiting for that one win and Harden breakout to put together this

3. carolbmt

carolbmt Contributing Member

I'm not a podcast guy. I'd prefer an article to read.

4. basketballholic

Good conversation. I agreed with everything except one small issue. Terrence Jones cannot help us win. You didn't really say he could but you implied that if he were healthy Harrell would be behind him in the rotation. And that also may be true but it doesn't mean it's right or the way it should be. Harrell is a more positively effective player for us right now than Terrence is, despite his inexperience.

But as far as your point that we have to get an upgrade at the 4....has to come or we simply can't compete against these teams in a 7-game series. Last night's game we won the turnover battle big time. We got Russ to turn it over 7 times and we kept our turnovers relatively low. The extra 12 turnovers we got over our own was the difference in a 5-point win. But depending on this to happen 4 times in a 7-game series is not how to win a championship. You're not going to bust teams like OKC 4 times out of 7 in the turnover department. At some point, you gotta get big and win the battle of the boards and the interior defense.

Which is to say...you're right. We've got to get another big that is significantly better than either Capela or Harrell. And we've got to get DMo back to have a chance to win a championship. I've been saying for a while that we needed that 4th big. But after watching this season start, I'm modifying that to we need to get a first, second, or third big to add to the rotation. We gotta get somebody that makes Capela the 4th best big on the roster with Terrence/Harrell being below that. And that is taking for granted DMo eventually coming back healthy.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch! Can't wait to hear the podcast! ;)

[​IMG]

6. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Hasn't showed up on Pocket Casts yet.

7. ibm

ibm Member

i think tj is physically gifted. but he doesnt play to his full potential and he plays soft and timid. it feels like there's sth. that's not quite right with his mindset. not qualified as a starting 4 imo. at this point, he's a garbage man. but there isnt enough garbage in our system for him to eat up...

as to dmo,,, he can shoot, he can also play in the post. but his rebounding is noticeably weak. i dont have the #'s, its just my impression. so i think his coming back will help a lot, but maybe not as much as many have thought. esp. he'll be back from a big surgery.

8. gogispade

gogispade Member

Nice to hear from you again Clutch! As always, awesome podcast!

9. Space City

Space City Member

Big surprise.
    Thanks Clutch. It'll be nice to have something to listen to at work.

10. basketballholic

Agreed. We gotta get more rebounding and shooting out of our big man rotation, especially if DMo comes back and is one of the top 3 bigs, which he should be.

11. basketballholic

Not trying to turn this into a Terrence thread. My point was the only difference I had with their conversation is I firmly believe Harrell is a better on-court option for us right now, even if Terrence is healthy. Harrell should be ahead of him in the rotation.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOL. Thank you, Clutch -- missed these!

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Love the pods!

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

In before Bbhollic trashes t jones o wait

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Great podcast.

While I think Morey will do something before the deadline, I'm not sure it is a PF upgrade. Ariza has been playing great at the "PF" spot the past two games when he's had a center at center. DMo has been great the past two years when Howard has been at center. I'm not sure if Jones and/or Harrell plays regularly if DMo comes back healthy and the Rockets added a backup 3&D SF.

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

literally everyone in the world already knows you think this

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

from this podcast it seems like clutch is fine with our overall offensive and defensive systems going forward and that mchale has done a good/adequate job so far in the season

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks, Clutch.

The integration of Ty continues.....is going to have a HUGE effect on this team.

DMo will eventually come back and kick ass. Regardless, the hole at the four won't be an issue.... one way or another.

Beard is Beard.

Dwight and everyone needs to stay healthy.

If a move can be made that upgrades this team, DM will make it.

In the meantime, as we allow the pieces of the puzzle to fall in place (work in progress)...Bet us to win it all.

A healthy Rockets team hoists the trophy at the end of the year. :)

19. thedoctor66

thedoctor66 New Member

dwight howard

how does one contact dwight howard?

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

After starting the year averaging 18 ppg on 22% shooting, Harden is already back at the top of the leaderboard averaging almost 30 ppg. That was one quick turnaround. FG% is still at 37% but that should change quickly as well. Way to pick yourself up off the dirt, James!