1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets next 14 games.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Nov 3, 2015.

1. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

It looks fairly easy from here on.

Wed 4 ORL
    Fri 6 @SAC
    Sat 7 @LAC
    Wed 11 BKN
    Fri 13 @DEN
    Sat 14 DAL
    Mon 16 BOS
    Wed 18 POR
    Fri 20 @MEM
    Sat 21 NY
    Wed 25 MEM
    Fri 27 PHI
    Sun 29 @NY
    Mon 30 @DET

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I hope so, we have some winning to do

3. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I think we can go 12 - 2

4. ibm

ibm Member

easy? that's a dangerous thought.

aint nothing easy in this league. we all thought the season opener vs denver was gonna be easy...

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

You know who else was easy? The shorthanded Denver Nuggets. I have looked at the easy part of the schedule which is through December. Hopefully if the Rockets get their act together and suffer no additional injuries, they can be around 24-10 at that point. Honestly, they'll have to have a record that good given how brutal it gets after that.

6. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

We are a top 5 team at this conference, we just have to find our groove thats it. and from those stretch of games they seem pretty winnable to me.

7. bmd

bmd Member

Well, I won't call it easy considering the outcome of the first 3 games...

But I feel the Rockets definitely figured some stuff out last night. Lawson found his fit a little better. He was more aggressive and it helped the team. The shots were falling a little better.

And overall they just looked more confident out there. I'm confident going forward.

8. ibm

ibm Member

every game is winnable, if we play and execute well.

while i agree this is a RELATIVELY easy stretch, any "easy" thought is dangerous. i just hope the players dont think that way.

and, since its so early in the season, it's a bit premature to self-claim a "top 5" team. you're what your record says you are. how can a 1-3 team proudly claim itself a "top" team? not that top FIVE is much meaningful if we have title-contending ambitions.

9. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

You have to factor in 4 sets back-to-back games, and that Dwight may only play in one each of the 4 sets.

Then you have to realize that we've been outrebounded by 38 in the 4 games thus far, or nearly 10 per game.

Then you have to realize we beat the Thunder by something that isn't likely to repeat too often over the course of the year ... 18 steals and only 12 TOs.

I'd like to think the Rockets and Harden have turned the corner, but I'm not confident enough to think 14 games ahead.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

We ain't Top 5 right now. Hopefully the Rockets will be by late December, but at the moment, we ain't anywhere close to the level of the Warriors, Clippers, or Spurs. At least we know we can beat the Thunder, although they obviously still have a better record. The Grizzlies have gotten anihilated twice this season already, but in fairness, those blowout losses came at the hands of the two NBA finalists in June.

11. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

We have enough talent and dept to be considered a top 5 team in the west. I know we didn't start out the season very well and how we like to...But then again these guys haven't played with each other for that long to get the feel and chemistry for one another. I think we will be fine it's very early and it's a long season ahead. I think if ty lawson plays that agressive last night, and if we limits turnovers and play defense we can be quiet dangerous.

12. ibm

ibm Member

other than lawson and the rookies, which key player exactly is new this season? the chuck wagon?

13. rockets13champs

Shhh we said denver was easy look what happened shutup guys one game at a time

14. hmittal

hmittal Member

Everyone needs to calm down! Rockets will be fine, we just got a new point guard and Beverly is coming off injury. They are trying to find their team chemistry it will take about 10 games to get them going. We will still win 55, unless we have any more major injuries.

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

Clint Capela. He played a little at the end of last year, but he wasn't really a rotation player. This year, because Dwight will be sitting out a lot of games, Capela will be a key player. Capela has talent, but we need to remember he's still very young and raw. Capela has made progress, but he still lost at times.

16. ibm

ibm Member

is that unique to the rockets? take okc for example,,, durant just came back from an injury, and canter is still developing. plus a rookie head coach. and they have rookie players, too, i'd imagine.

my argument is that continuity isnt sth. unique to houston. i'd venture to say we're one of those who have minimal continuity issues.

17. Bo6

Bo6 Member

ORL W
    @SAC L
    @LAC W
    BKN W
    @DEN W
    DAL W
    BOS L
    POR W
    @MEM L
    NY W
    MEM W
    PHI W
    @NY W
    @DET L

10-4 is my guess.

18. Ns575

Ns575 Member

14-4 is my guess

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Sac. Clippers. Memphis aren't cake walks. Also Detroit is pretty good this year.

20. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

the nets are pretty good