1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIRE RICK SMITH!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ipaman, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Both of them have to be gone. BOB is the reason for this season going off the rails. He completely blundered the QB situation by bringing in guys he vouched for and doing the QB carousel thing till the one with a history of being immature went back to that and we're stuck with Hoyer who is the least competent QB in the NFL in non garbage time against any team with a halfway decent defense.....he's awesome in garbage time and practice though, and that's what BOB values.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The major thing I blame Rick Smith for is hiring BOB.

3. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

it's 11:02 pm and this clown still isnt fired yet..

i hope ted bundy lives by his house.

i hate this guy!!

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Unless things completely go off the rails.... I doubt they fire BOB.

He may leave on his own though.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

We're not "stuck" with anybody.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, we could cut the entire roster and forfeit the rest of the season in theory, but that's not realistic.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Was mainly referring to your apoplectic theory (and new hot take of the month) about how BOB needs to go because this team is now "stuck" with Hoyer.

They're really not.... they can easily cut him after this season. There's quite a few players they will gladly need to un-stick themselves of in due time (Cushing, Joseph, Foster, Wilfork).

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Either Rick will be fired and OB will be given a new GM or both will be fired and a GM will be hired first and help choose the new coach a la Casserly/Capers.

If we do hire a new GM without firing OB, I'd have issue letting OB pick his own guy. Letting the coach pick his GM is how we got Rick in the first place. And OB already has control of the roster and has botched the last 2 drafts/offseasons. If OB stays, his power over the roster has to be reduced. A GM has to be brought in who's a real personnel guy who can build a roster. The coach and the GM have to work together, that's a given. But OB can't have full control over the roster anymore because he's proven he can't use that power responsibly. The power structure has to change.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

My goodness...step away for some work, and end up reading this. Bill OBrien was totally undermined. This is exactly why McNair shouldve fired or changed Rick Smiths job description. Wow..what an embarrassment...this soap opera was better than the BS Hard Knocks fed us about this garbage franchise.

Rick Smith must have something on the McNair's. Dont understand how he has so much leeway with this organization.

10. Cannonball

Undermined how? But not being allowed to go into a game with 1 QB?

11. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

i hope rick smith and his family get stage 4 piccolo

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Rick's a weasel... should have never survived the Kubiak regime, especially since Kubiak picked him to be his lackey.... but he found alternative ways to make an impact on the McNairs and actually has become quite adept at media leaks.

Again, highly doubt they jettison another coach less than 2 years into his deal. They need a complete overhaul of their scouting department and yes... if it involves bringing in another player personnel guy to help BOB out, so be it.

But if Rick Smith survives yet another fired coach... who in their right mind would ever want to work for this organization?

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I think McNair sides with BOB.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Not sure what stage 4 piccolo is but I hope it's bad. For Rick anyway, not his fam.

15. Cannonball

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KolfEhV-KiA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

O'Brien means **** to McNair.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You really don't know that.

Also, you can fire GM's and nobody really blinks an eye.

You fire coaches pre-emptively or side with an unproven/failure of an exec? Nobody worth a damn will end up lining up to fill the most important position in this organization.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Spectacular lol

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow. I these reports are true....

I doubt see how there is any chance Rick survives another regime change.... Hopefully not even this season.

20. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

jesus god, im begging you. I would give my life to make the worst misfortune happen to this clown.