1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Scrimmage

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Oct 11, 2015.

1. jaychi

jaychi Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Nii4Jfp0M

"The Houston Rockets scrimmage during the end of a practice in Edinburg in advance of a preseason game against the Orlando Magic in Hidalgo."

1.) Where's Dwight?

2.) Ty is giving the ball up too early

3.) Capella nice block. (I am excited about Capella. seems to be a Mutombo lite with better offense. Seems to be better than Nerlens Noel except in getting steals and slower)

2. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

So, starting 5 (Lawson, Harden, Ariza, Jones with exception of Capela in for Dwight) in black jerseys, and 2nd team (led by Bev, Thorton & Brewer) wearing white.

Not on the court (in video): Dwight (rest), DMo (rehab), KJ, Terry, Harrell, and Dekker.

I know it's been said a million times but damn, we're deeeeeeeep.

This is going to be a magical season.

3. jaychi

jaychi Member

i don't see dwight in the video. why is he resting? it is just a scrimmage

4. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Really like the black uniform. :)

5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

You answered your own question.

I know beggars can't be choosers but damn i wish the video was a bit longer. Did the person decide to not video anymore? appreciate the footage tho. Tyler is a good offensive player.

6. i3artow i3aller

It's funny how Swiss Chocolate (props to Deck for the nickname) will only hoop in Kobe signature shoes.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Get yer Haggis ready, landlubbers

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

But where are videos of Lawson shooting?

9. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Not intentionally making this a DMo v Jones thread but who is that dude with a flat top outplaying Jones in the video?

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

get the pick n roll more refined

11. OpenLayup-Why3?

12. zigzag

zigzag Member

I think it's good for Lawson giving the ball up early on preseason since he still needs time to understand his teammates and this team.

13. FeaR

FeaR Member

I saw a Jones' three point shot and a lay-up. Where did you see anyone outplaying him ?

14. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Disagree with op, Lawson is getting the ball moving quickly.

15. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

Dwight Howard is resting maybe due to a stiff back that was reported 2 days ago

16. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Ok maybe I was overreacting a little.. getting too jumpy for the new season and hoping that Jones can handle the larger, more physical PFs. That dude with the flat top cut (Jeremy Tyler?) who is playing Jones had 3 baskets and a free throw (and-1) on Jones while Jones a three pointer, two layups but also got forced into a travel. Seems pretty even to me and Jones got pushed out of position a few times on the defensive boards by him. Maybe he's just taking it easy during the scrimmage :confused:

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

jeremy tyler doesn't get off the ground much......had a wide open dunk and turned his entire body to make a layup off the glass instead......had inside position on jones for a rebound and didn't even attempt to jump

18. anchel

anchel Member

One of the best news Im seeing this preaseason is the maturity Lawson is showing. He doesnt mind to be 4 minutes without shot oportunities, he keeps doing what he's suposed to do as PG. He never forces the issue, executes the play and makes the correct pass, quickly. Apart from being a phenomenal p&r or transition player, he's showing true PG skills, reliability, maturity, poise.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I guess you never watched Lawson that much. Is has always been a pass first point guard, and he does not dribble the air out of the ball.

20. FeaR

FeaR Member

I like Jeremy Tyler too as our 3rd Center who can be waived if an opportunity occurs through the season.