1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Yankees Wildcard Edition

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Major

Major Member

What exactly is the negative of having fun? Does a celebration tonight hurt how they play in the ALDS? Did celebrating on Sunday hurt them today?

I've never understood why fans are opposed to players actually enjoying their jobs.

2. cdain3

cdain3 Member

**** off

1 person likes this.
  3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

They deserved to celebrate after years of being at the bottom of the league..now onto KC =)

4. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Today should have been a bigger celebration than Sunday ... They just won a win or go home game to move on to the NLDS ... Let em celebrate!!!

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

When the world's champagne supply runs dry, we will look back to MLB's overcelebration, and wonder what we were thinking letting this go on willy nilly.

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Nope, not a single bit. If this was a group of vets I'd agree, but these kids were not predicted by a single person to be in this position. Let them celebrate and continue to take care of business.

7. Nook

Nook Member

People look at it as a lack of focus. The team went through this two or three days ago. They play Thursday. Are they going to be prepared or just just happy to be there? Really no way to know... and I will admit I raised my eyebrow at listening to the Astros and Cubs talk about the locker room and celebrations. To me it seems completely over the top; this isn't going to the WS or winning the WS. Having said that, the two teams with loose clubhouses (Hou/Chi) are also very young clubs and both made the playoffs. So, times change and what is acceptable changes... It doesn't seem to be a bad distraction.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

If they were all vets they'd be celebrating too. These are MLB-organized and planned celebrations.

9. le081488

le081488 Member

Understandable. 10 years of misery and winning this game in particular against the Yankees.

Young team. Let them celebrate but as excited as I am, all I'm saying is that at this point, sure hell of a season where no one expected anything from us, but now that we're here, the focus should be at least the ALCS.

10. cdain3

cdain3 Member

11. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

100% all of this. Also brought in Marwin for the 3-times-ob Carter, and Marwin made a tough play at 1B that I feel like Carter may have flubbed. Just a clutch game by Hinch

12. HstnSprtsFan101

Please resign Rasmus.

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Celebration Day!

-Led Zeppelin ;)

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

They haven't shown me anything that makes me think they don't have bigger goals. They're just enjoying the ride. If the Yanks had won with their age and payroll, sure they'd celebrate, but you wouldn't see the genuine joy going on in ClubAstros. This team has been the laughingstock of the league for several years, and both the team and their fans have been miserable. I love seeing this kind of joy from a team that has come so far.

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm 100% for anything that helps bring your team together and that is exactly what this celebrating does. This is the type of thing that makes me love this team.

16. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I agree. It's not like these guys are a high end CEO's and Executives working for Ernst & Young. They play baseball....PLAY keyword :)

17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

All baseball teams celebrate after moving on in the playoffs

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Was the last Astros game you watched in 2005? They're not in the NL anymore. ;)

19. baubo

baubo Member

People read too much into things. I don't know the mentality of these players, but I'm going out on a limb and say how they celebrate probably isn't a way to discern how they feel about the Royals.

20. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

This.