1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's Fear The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Buck Turgidson

Take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

1 person likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

good show. so this is year round zombie now with walking dead & this one getting a normal length season next year?

i wonder how the ratings were for these 6 episodes...

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I know the premiere was strong but they went down after, not sure about the full run.

Personally, I thought it was much stronger than the flagship series.

Wife and I agreed we liked Fear much more than the regular WD which has become pretty redundant.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I prefer the flagship, even recognizing its flaws - somewhat repetitive story lines, strength being the shock factor of cool zombie killing more than character and story build-out.

That said, I think the finale of FTWD was by far the best episode and gets me excited for next season. Perhaps that because something finally happened. I say that tongue in cheek, but it was the first episode that really moved.

Since the characters (except Mr. Strand... and I am starting to like the druggie son, at least there's some uniqueness to that character) aren't all that interesting, the slow buildup felt REALLY REALLY slow. We finally have some action here... and the action helps build up the characters, too.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I really liked the finale. Best episode by far imo.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I enjoyed it much, but pulling that whole group of zom to the guards like they knew quite well how to manage that... Smh. This is fear TWD not TWD.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

FTWD has me hopeful the flagship series will raise it's game instead of riding the coattails of viewers investment in the series and characters.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The end felt a tad like the Walking Dead with a majestic view on the ocean.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I suspect Strand won't last the next season.
    Cause he seems the MY BOAT MY RULES type of guy.
    I think alot of the other characters will chafe to his rule

I do like his character more and this finale was by far the best of the show

Rocket River

10. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

My first thought would be any of the Channel Islands that aren't Catalina, since they are uninhabited.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Even if you did go with Catalina, there are only about 4000 people there officially, shouldn't be THAT hard to handle, and there would be pre-built infrastructure including water wells and electricity.

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They are definately setting up junkie kid for a big turnaround in season 2 with that speech to mom at the end.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

whose dumb idea was it to portray the US military as a bunch of heartless cowards and bullies?

#333 Commodore, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was excited to see the military occupation. Wanted to see how everything went to ****. Fear the Walking Dead didn't handle it well at all.. I still enjoyed the finale though.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Meh, it was the National Guard and let's face it, they didn't really do anything wrong given the circumstances. Also, you can bet your ass there would be guys from National Guard units abandoning the mission to look for their families if things got that bad.

Some units would be better than others, but realistically a lot of them would fold.

16. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

The writers portrayed human beings as self-interested heartless cowards and bullies when faced with the breakdown of society. That's what makes this and TWD so compelling, it's about people, not the zombies.

They make a point to have the Ruben Blades character compare it to the war in El Salvador and constantly remind people that rules have suddenly changed and not to act as if they can trust the good intentions of those they don't know.

17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Though it was kinda weird that everybody with at 79th Infantry Brigade patch was wearing a 10th Mountain patch on the other shoulder. Still can't figure out how that works.

Base personnel were wearing the appropriate 40th Division patch.

The Waffen SS went home after Germany was defeated. It doesn't get much more crazily commited to the cause than that. Troops aren't going to just stand around and hold ground to the death when there isn't any command structure any more. Plus, if a **** ton of troops didn't desert if they were ordered to kill innocent American civilians, I'd be disappointed as hell. Making them march right along with a smile on their face while shuffling US citizens into the Zyklon B showers would be the really creepy thing.

Some right wing bloggers demand a propaganda piece in the Leni Riefenstahl Triumph of the Will sense and will write off anything less as leftist liberal pinko treason.

#337 Ottomaton, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  18. val_modus

val_modus Member

Just curious.. I wonder how the crew in a space station feel while there's a zombie apacolypse going on back home on Earth.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, the 79th ID patch would be their current unit and if they had ever deployed to Afghanistan or whatever before, maybe they got attached to the 10th mountain while they were there, thus the 10th mountain combat patch.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yeah I've totally lost interest in Fake The Walking Dead, thank good the illogical snooze fest is over. Can't wait for the real Walking Dead to return.