1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are there any VEGANS on Clutchfans?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jacoby, Sep 30, 2015.

1. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i accidentally bought some vegan alfredo sauce. tastes like watery hummus with some spices in it. not very good.

2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Health reasons. It makes me feel good. I feel better as a vegan.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

I dated a Vegan once... she was very selfish, inconsiderate, and temperamental.

Deckard and Nook like this.
  4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I eat a vegetable omelette once in a while

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I dated a Korean once... she was very nice. What's your point?

7. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Supplement with a B-12 spray that has methylcobalamin. You won't miss out on other nutrients as long as you don't eat junk vegetarian food. The main point of going vegan is to have as much fresh food and healthy fats as possible, not eat fortified pasta all day.

Ethically...

Ethically...

If you have an issue with McDonalds, it doesn't mean you can't buy choice cuts of grass fed meat. I ate $200 worth of ham last week over two sittings - small but healthy quantities. There are regions of the world that require meat to sustain human life. The Dalai Llama had to eat meat for years when he contracted hepatitis, so it's a health bonus for many. Chinese swear by bone broths. Your issue isn't with eating meat, but the mass production and consumption of it with hormones.

#27 Honey Bear, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  8. dragician

dragician Member

im definitely not vergan.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

... of old age.

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Its funny how often one reads the "you must carefully watch what you eat" critique of the vegan diet. Yet one never sees the same comments wrt the SAD (Standard American Diet). With the SAD you get 4x the protein and fat you need and 1/4 the fiber you need. And with the SAD you get heart disease, type 2 diabetes, et. al.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No. Who would breed and raise them?

Would they survive in the wild?

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Kind of a ******* thing to do to domesticate a animal isn't it?

Even if most people decided to stop killing cows and chickens for meat, people would still likely consume milk and eggs so they would be taken care of.

Also if allowed the space i'm sure cows and chickens would be just fine, plenty of grass and worms in the world for them to live off of, they would gradually become feral and wild again.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'v been eating a vegan diet for over 2 years now.

I started by eating organic, using natural products and becoming health conscious. Then started a vegetarian diet for ethical purposes. After I became vegetarian I watched the documentaries and had seen the farm factory horror stories, and It became clear to the me that even though I stopped eating meat, I was still paying for the torture and death of animals through milk and eggs. Thats when I started a vegan diet.

My reasons for having started and maintaining a animal product free, organic diet would be for ethical, health and environmental purposes.

One thing that I have learned is that having a vegan or vegetarian diet doesn't make you healthy. Eating healthy makes you healthy. It's entirely possible to have a terribly unhealthy vegan diet, and a optimal health non-vegetarian diet, as long as the consumption of vegetables is very high and consumption of animals products is low along with a proper exercise regime.

1 person likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Cows would be fine, chickens not so much. Everything eats chickens.

As was mentioned earlier, it's not that difficult to be an ethical omnivore.

15. Mr. Clutch

Vegans dont consume eggs or milk

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why would everyone in the world become vegan? What kind of hypothetical is this?

I assumed you where saying that, what if in the future, people in mass amounts started consuming less meat due to ethical or health purposes, that cows and chickens would die off. Because that would sound like a somewhat feasible hypothetical.

If your hypothetical is "What if everybody started a 100% strict vegan diet overnight" then I didn't mean to dignify that with a response.

17. Mr. Clutch

But you just did

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why are you trying to be a dick?

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I'm always amused by the number of people who mispronounce the word vegan. They say it "vejan". I usually don't correct them.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I admit I am not vegetarian and I should try a more vegetarian diet

I just love listening to vegan talk, not that I can do it. I love fish, eggs and beef too much.