1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Athletics @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 18, 2015.

1. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Nice to see springer finally hit 1 outta the park. Hopefully he gets hot now. Much needed win after the Texans nut job

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He is the Mel Kiper of the Astros threads. He says stuff and then says more stuff that contradicts the first stuff so that he can always point to a post where he was right.

3. conquistador#11

when i said stassi could hit .240 in the majors, people spat on me, forced me to walk the town nekked. can somebody point out his batting average? it's higher than .240.

the kids have stepped up.

4. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Not me, he would be a very capable backup, ideal for us as Castro bats left, plus has good defense

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Stassi hit .211 in AAA this year. That was down from the blistering .247 he hit last season.

He does look to be a good backstop, but I don't think he can hit a lick. To his credit, he has been good in the chances to has been given though.

6. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Is that guy crowning Max Stassi as the greatest small sample size player ever?

7. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Looks like y'all wanna be fans again!

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I've been actively avoiding the forum over the last week because the atmosphere has been so unpleasant. The losses are frustrating enough without having to read the fairweathers b**ching on top of it.

9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

oh these threads are a walk in the park pleasant compared to fan threads like the yankees and phillies..heck I'd imagine most fan threads are passionate and there are a few that are on another level all together like the two I mentioned

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Astros did what they had to do..beat the cellar dwellers at home. Don't worry Astro fan boys the Disastros will show up soon..very soon...

11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

"on another level" as in beyond insane

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Seriously?

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You say that as if its a good thing. Yay... we're not as imbecile-ish as the Yankees and Phillies fans who actually are smart enough to use the internet.

Jeez.

14. cardpire

cardpire Member

possibly the nicest thing anybody's said about him on here.

15. conquistador#11

we missed castro early in that road trip and gomez in the first 2 games of that series v the rangers. hope we can have everyone together for the final stand.

16. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

I agree with you, now i will say something:

I have 4 or 5 guys ignored, as i wish they have me in the same list, i decided to do that because those guys don't talk baseball and insult people that talk baseball. Maybe they don't like what I/we say, or the way we say it, but is very dangerous to be insulting people, like they do, bullying or making fun, trying to make others not to continue writing in this forum. Free Speech is maybe the most important thing we have in USA, and these police forum members love to try and bully others NOT to speak, or try to get some of us banned. If you disagree with them, you don't know baseball, and get insulted.

For a long time i have talk baseball, my way, and as you say, other forums are tougher with their ball clubs. Why should i be happy with my team playing .500 for 3 months? Why I can't express my disappointment? If i am not insulting any forum member, what is wrong with that?

Those kind of forum members are usually called HOMERS. If that person works or have a family working for the organization, i understand and respect their views, and be positive even when for a long time things are not that way. But to insult other forum members because we are arguing baseball topics, and about the manager, or a baseball player?

Sorry, but thats not what i want to do here. Those 5 guys won, i will not post anymore as I don't deserve to be insulted and people making fun of me, I respect others, but more importantly, i respect myself.

They are wrong, they should allow people to express, and is stupid to get things personal, is just stupid.

Hope the Astros make the playoffs, i will be rooting always for the Astros and i hope that those 5 guys, and we all know who they are that they don't continue doing the same to others that think different.

17. cardpire

cardpire Member

Don't let them get the best of you Cangrejero. You keep being you. Don't let them win. Please stand up for freedom of speech.

You are a truly great Astros fan, and this forum needs you. Just ignore them and keep communicating with the rest of us who respect your opinion, and love hearing your takes on our team.

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

Look it's the home stretch and we NEED you now more than ever.

1 person likes this.
  19. cardpire

cardpire Member

Don't leave us now. We need to SUPPORT the team. We will put them on the list and MOVE FORWARD.

20. the shark

the shark Member

I have no problem with you posting. It's a fan forum.

However do you have to post every thought that pops in to your head?

There's a reason why the good Lord gave us two ears (in this case two eyes), and only one mouth.

Just my two cents.