1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Athletics @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 18, 2015.

1. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

hahaha I did that last night never again this year

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Praise the Baby Jesus!

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Holy Toledo! The Astros win! The Astros win!

4. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Man that wasn't even fun

Just a little less stressful than the losses

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

exactly how i feel. although the stress had left for the most part, and resignation had begun to set in.

gonna take a few more wins before strong emotions return

6. mick fry

mick fry Member

Well at least we stopped the bleeding. Now we have to build momentum.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This has been one of the most disheartening stretches I've ever been through. You never know what's gonna go wrong, just that something will go wrong.

As terrible as this stretch has been, we are still in the wild card game and have games left with the Rangers for the division. In baseball things can turn on a dime for no apparent reason, and we are by no means in need of a miracle. Maybe this young team needs this kind of turmoil.

8. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Agreed..."On The Job Training" on the fly...overachieving 2 years ahead of schedule...gonna be interesting next two weeks.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yeah, a 4 game sweep (with being outscored 33-13) by the team you're in direct competition for the division title was a pretty good de-stressing exercise (for me).

I just want to see them getting back to playing a complete game again.

10. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

This was an unexpected win as we were facing Gray, the second best pitcher in the AL.

I did not expected Kazmir to pitch so bad, especially struggling with the 7th, 8th and 9th hitter, they are awful. If we are going to make it into the playoffs, we need more from Kazmir. Tomorrow's game is a MUST game, we need to win that one. We are facing a guy that is struggling, and we need the game, after that we are facing a tough Angels team.

11. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Wish I wasn't

I'm stressed to the hilt watching these games right now

I really want this team in the playoffs

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Agreed... everybody does, or should.

My expectations have been tempered just a little... because sometimes a team can be this young/raw to either not know any better, or really let the pressure start to get to you.

Then you look at some of the holes in the roster, some of the late-season unfortunate injuries... and you start to wonder where they'd be if they really got the best of everything to compete.

There's also the mindset that I've considered them to have been in the playoffs since Monday... and after game 3, I got the same feeling that I did after game 3 of the 2005 WS.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Dude I'm just happy to be here! We haven't had a playoff race in so long that I forgot what it's like. I'm good with whatever happens but I hope we make the playoffs so these young guys can get a taste and get that experience.

14. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Everything will come down to next weekend series with TX!

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Great to finally win. Astros got an additional victory by roughing up Gray's ERA to help Keuchel's Cy bid.

Astros won a game I didn't expect. Gray had owned this year. This win somewhat offsets yesterday. Stros better sweep TEX plus somehow gain 1+ game on them. Wild Card is nice, but the division is still possible.

16. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

The Astros still control their own destiny in the division. I said before last night the Stros would finish 90-72 and win the division by 4 games. Need to go 7-0 for the rest of this homestand and take control of this division going into the final week.

17. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Agree with this statement. Sometimes you have to put things in perspective, and we haven't been in the Playoff Hunt in 7 years (the Selig-Ike debacle). I'm not saying it's an epic meltdown, nor am I saying I'm not upset at the recent string of events - just that I'm enjoying the ride.

18. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

This.

19. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Astros lineup <a href="http://t.co/Go4RjU8pSp">pic.twitter.com/Go4RjU8pSp</a></p>&mdash; Evan Drellich (@EvanDrellich) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDrellich/status/645612624281911296">September 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Dang. I was hoping Duffy would get a start.