New Profile Posts

1. mdrowe00
    mdrowe00 dobro1229
    The classism in this country exists precisely because of the racism instituted to undergird it. Difficult, it seems, for white people to understand or accept this. You're not dealing with one without accepting that the other's existence depends on it. --mdrowe00
  2. mdrowe00
    mdrowe00 FranchiseBlade
    The classism in this country exists precisely because of the racism instituted to undergird it. Difficult, it seems, for white people to understand or accept this. You're not dealing with one without accepting that the other's existence depends on it. --mdrowe00
    1. FranchiseBlade likes this.
    2. FranchiseBlade
      FranchiseBlade
      Thank you. Thinking about this makes my mind go into wish list mode... "I wish people would just understand that..."
      "I wish folks would entertain the idea that..."
      "I wish that folks could realize that until they actually walked a mile in someone else's shoes they don't know that..."
      Sep 21, 2017 at 11:13 AM
  3. Deshawn Crew
  4. mdrowe00
    mdrowe00 Carl Herrera
    ...the candidness on display from Hillary Clinton now is what may have been enough to get her elected. She has always, in political terms, been more-or-less-manufactured...and genuine humanity from her (in most any setting) seemed to be an afterthought. What Mrs. Clinton needed to show more people was that she was a person. Might not have been enough...but it would have damn sure helped. --mdrowe00
  5. mdrowe00
    mdrowe00 JayGoogle
    ...Tamir Rice, all of 12 years old, made the mistake of playing with a toy gun in a Cleveland Ohio park...and paid for it with his life. And people on this board found ample reason to blame him and not the policeman who shot him dead within 10 seconds of arriving on the scene. What a tightrope black people have to walk. --mdrowe00
    1. JayGoogle
      JayGoogle
      There was also Brock Turner, who raped a girl but didn't get a harder sentence because of his potential 'future'. Lots of people don't seem to be too concerned about the potential future of kids like Tamir Rice
      Sep 14, 2017
  6. mdrowe00
    mdrowe00 Invisible Fan
    I read this article in its entirety on "The Atlantic”…Ta'Neshi Coates is a mesmerizing writer. And his general sentiment is the one that most black people have in this country. It's why white people can casually dismiss "white supremacy" while agreeing with the advantages it has brought them in our society. Sometimes, black people have a hard time figuring out who their white friends are. --mdrowe00
  7. mdrowe00
    mdrowe00 dobro1229
    ..exactly. Black people, for instance, don't always want to have to deal with nationalists, for example...but pretending they don't exist or talking about how small their numbers may be just serves, as we've seen, to embolden them. There's never a good or convenient time to stand up to things that are wrong...except at the moment they reveal themselves. --mdrowe00.
    1. dobro1229 likes this.
  8. LosPollosHermanos
    LosPollosHermanos RocketsLegend
    Did I make you cry?
  9. finalsbound
    finalsbound Rocketman95
    miss you!!! hope the fam is doing well :-)
    1. Rocketman95
      Rocketman95
      Likewise! Let's catch a game this year!
      Sep 7, 2017
      finalsbound likes this.
    2. finalsbound
      finalsbound
      definitelyyyyyyy
      Sep 7, 2017
  10. mdrowe00
    mdrowe00 GladiatoRowdy
    ...amazing at how consistent this person is with their preconceived stupidity. I get it now (even though you've said it before). This has to be the best fun EVER! --mdrowe00
  11. Isabel
    Isabel
    Hope everyone is OK. Thinking of you all.
  12. Bobsputin
    Bobsputin
    Changed Pic to show support for people effected by Harvey.
  13. rocketsjudoka
    rocketsjudoka geeimsobored
    Email me at sishir@msn.com and can fill you in on what I'm working on to help Houston.
  14. mdrowe00
    mdrowe00 val_modus
    Facts that are presented outside of the context within which they are gleaned are most often times sophisticated lies. Gotten to be kind of a thing in this social media driven, everybody's-a-reporter know-it-all-know-nothing society of ours. --mdrowe00
  15. mdrowe00
    mdrowe00 MadMax
    ...well, as long as we still have elections, we'll have our chances. Time to get serious about voting at state and local levels. The Federal Government is a reflection of state governments. --mdrowe00
  16. RestHarden
    RestHarden
    A beard will make you more tired. But I think you already know that.
  17. Pen15clubber
    Pen15clubber DrexlerFan
    Bones sucks and you suk bones
  18. J_Hunter_1977
    J_Hunter_1977
    Not shaving till we get Melo.
  19. Wommy
    Wommy
    #32 Enjoy the little things
  20. J_Hunter_1977
    J_Hunter_1977
    Sharing rockets knowledge at an uncanny rate.