1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015/2016 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, Jun 17, 2015.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This statement is so silly. Bayern and the English clubs fish in the same pond for transfers. Bayern acquired Costa, Vidal and Coman from foreign clubs (Donezk and Juventus).

The last team in England is going to get significantly more TV money than the best team in Germany (Bayern). The first teams in England get multiples of what Bayern gets from TV money. How does that "make it easier" for Bayern?

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This...

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Transfers work out or they do not, nothing to get worked up over

Those things are out of their control once finalized....

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I remember one of my favs Andreas Herzog, former Rapid Vienna and Vienna club guy. And now Klinsmann's assistant for the USMNT.

He was pretty good with Werder Bremen (His nickname was Alpen Maradonna), and he got totally destroyed when he joined Bayern Munich.

Some guys are just not up for the task at big ballclubs and their media environment, they might do better somewhere else.

I think Luca Toni had a good streak but also did not pan out right, did he?

5. The Stig

The Stig Member

Real Madrid's press release. That's some thinly veiled finger-pointing towards Man United.

6. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

So Madrid is pretty much blaming United for the debacle of the 2 transfers from yesterday.. comical stuff really.

I'm no an expert of these contracts, but from what I understood these 2 transfers were independent of each other.. De Gea can't join Madrid as the window had expired in Spain but Keylor Navas can join MU as the window hadn't expired in England. Maybe I'm reading this wrong.

Anyways, here is the Madrid press release. Google translate fellas

1.- El Manchester United no abrió ninguna vía de negociación por los derechos federativos de David de Gea hasta la mañana de ayer.

2.- El Real Madrid, a pesar de las dificultades que entrañaba realizar una operación de estas características en el último día de inscripción, aceptó iniciar estas conversaciones.

3.- Cuando el Manchester United accede a esta vía de negociación en la mañana de ayer lo hace supeditándolo a alcanzar un acuerdo con el jugador del Real Madrid Keylor Navas para que se incorpore a partir de esta temporada al club británico, e informa de que está en contacto con los representantes de dicho jugador.

4.- El Real Madrid y el Manchester United llegan a un rápido acuerdo sobre las transferencias de ambos jugadores. Tras la redacción de los correspondientes documentos contractuales necesarios y a fin de proceder con tiempo suficiente para tramitar tanto el Transfer Matching System de FIFA (TMS) como su inscripción en la Liga de Fútbol Profesional, el Real Madrid remite al Manchester United los contratos a las 13:39 hora española.

5.- El Manchester United remitió sus comentarios a dichos contratos ocho horas más tarde, a las 21:43 hora española, incluyendo pequeñas modificaciones. Al no ser relevantes, todas las modificaciones fueron aceptadas de inmediato por el Real Madrid, con la intención de poder inscribir a tiempo al jugador tanto en el TMS como en la Liga de Fútbol Profesional.

6.- El Real Madrid, tras obtener las firmas de los jugadores De Gea y Keylor Navas, remitió al club inglés los citados contratos firmados a las 23:32 hora española, quedando a la espera de recibir los documentos finales firmados por el Manchester United.

7.- El Manchester United alcanzó el acuerdo final con los representantes de Keylor Navas a las 23:53 hora española y es a esa hora cuando se remiten los contratos al jugador para que sean firmados.

8.- El Manchester United introdujo en el TMS los datos de la operación de David de Gea, no así los de Keylor Navas, a las 00:00 hora española, remitiendo simultáneamente al Real Madrid los contratos de transferencia firmados. El Real Madrid recibe esa documentación completa a las 00:02 e intenta acceder al TMS pero este ya se encontraba cerrado.

9.- A las 00:26 hora española el sistema informático del TMS de FIFA hace una invitación al Real Madrid para que cumplimente los datos del jugador David de Gea, dado que el plazo de inscripción en Inglaterra continúa abierto hasta hoy. El Real Madrid, ante la posible eventualidad de un recorrido contencioso de la transferencia del jugador, decide remitir los contratos a la Liga de Fútbol Profesional, aun a sabiendas de que los plazos habían expirado.

10.- En definitiva, el Real Madrid ha hecho todo lo necesario, y en todo momento, para llevar a término estas dos transferencias.

7. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Ha!! you beat me to it. Yup definitely pointing fingers at Old Trafford.

8. smr6

smr6 Member

Im sure United will put out a statement of their own once the English window is closed. Should be entertaining.

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I'm thinking maybe in terms of what teams want to price players at(the ones without buy-out clauses) before selling them to either Bayern or an English team. Knowing the value of the PL clubs, other teams in Europe might decide to request a higher price to sell than they would request from a German club like Bayern. That's the only part that I think might be easier for Bayern even though they're one of the biggest clubs in the world.

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I think they're independent to an extent-in terms of negotiating individual terms but they're contingent on De Gea making the move to Madrid since it'd be a player plus money deal. You're right about the windows.

11. smr6

smr6 Member

Figured it would come out once their window closed. It's a fair point that if Madrid wanted him badly, they should have made an official offer long before yesterday. United are not obligated in any way to sell him. Although, it will be interesting to see how they handle him now. Will he play this season?

12. The Stig

The Stig Member

The passive aggressiveness is top quality stuff from the Brits LOL

This just takes the cake. A two finger salute to Real Madrid

Calling Real Madrid's bluff

13. smr6

smr6 Member

I think both clubs know that neither will probably go as far as posting the actual time stamps. So both sides just put out a statement and let everyone else sort through the he-said, she-said.

14. The Stig

The Stig Member

United went as far as saying that they will be willing to comply with the FA's backing should this case go to the higher ups. That's the difference.

This definitely looks like a Real Madrid f up when it's all said and done. Then again, I may be biased.

15. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Changing the subject.. I'm trying to buy 4 tickets for Argentina vs. Bolivia friendly this Friday at BBVA Compass Stadium but their payment system has been down all morning. Called them up and they said they couldn't process over the phone either, grrrrrrrr.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Regan Poole

Woohoooo!

17. smr6

smr6 Member

Me and the wife are going to Argentina vs Mexico in Dallas next week.

18. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Yah.. I'm thinking about making that trip out there for that game as well. Is is it Cowboys stadium? Last time I was there was for FC Barca vs. America, I think it was in 2011.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Isn't it about time for an overhaul of how the transfer system works? Make it so the deadline is the deadline to have a signed agreement. Then have a second deadline for all the paperwork to get done later.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Nope because "the paperwork" is not just paperwork, but often essential contractual stuff.