1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It's hard to be a contrarian. So much peer pressure.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Is anyone else pondering that maybe Trump is pulling a Stephen Colbert and is purposefully playing a caricature of the modern American conservative in order to mock the GOP?

I mean his base is so gullible that they actually believe him when he says "The Bible is my favorite book."

3. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Haha, that's the Immigration Museum here in Melbourne. Doing us Aussies proud :rolleyes:

4. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Nope. Not many people "ponder" in the 21st century.

But people know things. Hilary is boring, snakish and doesn't care about much other than money in her pocket. Barack and the rest of the generic clowns say anything to pander to whoever pays the most. Doesn't matter if you're white, black, woman, republican or democrat.

Trump is a heroic archetype many a novelist have written about.

And now that people can see they've been had for 8 straight years by mediocrity, a change a comin.

A change gon come, baby.

A change gon come.

The sheep cannot see beyond the gates that enclose them, but one day, a shepherd shall lead them to greener pastures. A shepherd, covered only by a hairpiece and suit. - corinthians, 4:12

5. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

let's just be honest
    let's just be real
    trump's got that dolla
    he knows the deal

women they love him
    his wife was a steal
    china will fear him
    ISIS will squeal

let's just be honest
    let's just be real

politicsians is liars
    that's Trumps appeal
    someone above it
    someone that's real

6. Remii

Remii Member

And how are those voting rights working out for black folks who stay in shytie areas that are being ran by democrats... Many black folks back in the day should have listened to Booker T Washington.

A lot of private prisons got built under Clinton's watch and he put a lot of people in them. He even helped manufacturer more crime with his welfare to work program and handed out heavy sentencing.

Do you see how much military equipment the police force received under Obama... And how many black men and young black people are unemployed under his watch...

That's something a kneegro would say... More worried about piss'n someone off than making demands that would benefit them for their vote, and hoping a white politician is going to save them... May as well be voting for Jesus.

But I can only receive pressure from my peers ----> not peasants and sheep.

7. Remii

Remii Member

Hmmmm... Carson is tied with Trump in Iowa.

Interesting thing is, Trump refuses to attack Carson. Trump even said he couldn't attack Carson... Trump knows Carson is a honorable man. The only honorable man running for president.

8. fchowd0311

I don't know how someone who thinks that homosexuality is as morally reprehensible as pedophilia is 'honorable'?

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

When did he say that?

10. fchowd0311

11. Remii

Remii Member

That's a "you" problem if that's all you can come up with to knock him on. No man (or woman) running for president has done more things for humans than Carson. And he did those things without a political agenda.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yeah, but I don't want a president thinking crazy stuff like that or that thd universe is less than 10,000 years old. It is like a dentist proposing what should go in Texas classroom history books.

13. Remii

Remii Member

Have you seen a classroom history book lately...??? Lol..

It's like people search for the most meaningless things to knock a great black man who is actually running for president.

14. fchowd0311

Nope. I hope a moral agent would question the moral integrity of an individual who does not understand that consent is the differentiating factor between homosexuality and pedophilia which makes the latter morally reprehensible. If he can't understand that, I, with good reason, must question his moral integrity.

15. fchowd0311

Have you? When is the last time you were enrolled in a history class?

16. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

In general, running for president is inviting people to search for things on which to knock you.

I would argue that believing the Earth is less than 10k years old and believing that homosexuality and pedophilia are similar in any way are salient, meaningful points on which to judge the thinking of a man running for the most powerful elected office on the planet. This is particularly true given his extensive and impressive background in science. The fact that he can ignore the vast scientific evidence regarding earth science is alarming for a neurosurgeon. It tells me that his ideological leanings trump his ability to think and reason, not a characteristic I prefer in a president.

17. Remii

Remii Member

Like I said that's a "you" problem... I'm not going to question a man's integrity and or look past his actions just because of what he thinks about homosexuals.

If you can overlook all the great things this man has accomplished in his life and spending his time and money in poor communities trying to teach people how to empower themselves because of that _ so be it.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

^Sings lets just be honest then.... lies, lol.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And I guess it's just a "you" problem when people decide to discriminate against black people or compare them to savages, huh?

20. Anticope

Anticope Member

These Trump supporters seem like an intelligent bunch:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/...bama-is-a-muslim-born-in-another-country.html