1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adidas Offers James Harden $200M to Leave Nike

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Victorious, Aug 3, 2015.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Style = distinctive appearance

2. SKTTLZ

SKTTLZ Member

It appears that Nike is cashing in on James Harden's PEs while they can. Saw a restock of the Run the One PEs and HyperChase PEs at Foot Locker the other day. Get them while you can!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Haven't kept up with the thread...

so... did Harden take the deal or no?

4. bmd

bmd Member

I believe so..

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Wonder if Adidas knew about Rose's rape thing that's going on and that's why they offered Harden that much money. Sounds terrible but you never know

6. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Makes sense

7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I have these, they're pretty nice, but surprisingly heavy. I had some mid top hyperdunks that seemed to be lighter.

8. Victorious

Victorious Member

lol, yeah it had nothing to do with Harden being the runner up MVP and one of the most popular players in the NBA. Top seller jersey too!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Top-selling NFL jerseys year-to-date at <a href="https://twitter.com/DICKS">@DICKS</a>:
    1. J Haden
    2. O Beckham
    3. A Luck
    4. D Murray
    5. P Manning
    6. T Brady</p>&mdash; Kurt Badenhausen (@kbadenhausen) <a href="https://twitter.com/kbadenhausen/status/636924923420778496">August 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. Victorious

Victorious Member

lol my fail, joe haden not james harden :eek:

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn, that would have been REALLY impressive if Harden had the most NFL jersey sales.

11. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I want a Texans James Harden jersey

12. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I have the Harden shoe (with the H, and the neon colors) and they're the worst pair of shoes I have ever owned. What is even the point of the shoe laces when you literally have to struggle to get them to go in since it doesn't have a lip for the laces

13. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

impressive indeed

14. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Creators Never Follow.

<a href="https://twitter.com/JHarden13">@JHarden13</a> - <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/teamadidas?src=hash">#teamadidas</a>

10.1.15</p>&mdash; adidas Basketball (@adidasHoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/adidasHoops/status/631862024541044736">August 13, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Guess so lol.

15. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

So, Harden has been hanging with Kanye West a lot lately. They both went to each other's birthday parties. Kanye currently has two shoes out with Adidas and one releasing this fall/winter. I read that Adidas not only wanted Harden to make him an on court brand, but an off court brand too. Implying that they would likely have two different shoe lines for Harden. One Adidas Performance and the other Adidas Originals.

These are Kanye's shoes.

Yeezy Boost 750 (High-top sneaker)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeezy Boost 350 (Low-top casual sneaker)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeezy Boost 950 (Winter/Combat boot)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall it's all innovative and creative. This is a route I envision Harden wants to take. He has one of the more creative minds in the league and it is shown in his choice of outfits. I'm not sure what the end product will be for Harden's new shoes, but I'm sure he'll think of something creative.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Those Kanye's are freaking awful. The only thing I like is that they are simple, but for the most part, they are truly terrible looking shoes. The Jordans (1-14) are iconic because of the simplicity of design.

I hope Harden chooses a more old school simple design that Adidas had back in the day

Patrick Ewing Sneaker comes to mind (I love this sneaker, always turns heads when I wear mine) I know Harden doesn't wear super high tops, but the simplicity of design is perfect.

[​IMG]

17. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

These ultra boosts are similar to what I think James' first shoe could look like. Not talking about the colors or anything just the design.

[​IMG]

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Those are tight. Tell me Nike didnt rip those off with the Nike Air Dunks.

[​IMG]

19. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You left out "tastefully".

Style is subjective.