1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reporter Killed Live on Air

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by youknowme, Aug 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think the real tards in this thread are the people who are arguing the system is fine as is. I'm not saying that guns do or do not need to be regulated, I'm saying as part of the grieving process people need someone/something to blame. Whether gun control is warranted or not really isn't a factor, it's just when you wake up to this crap it's hard to stand by and not be upset. However, it's the tards that come in here and try and push their own agenda that really bother me. The people who are advocating gun control are at least bringing a little peace to this thread, what do the gun nuts bring here? Why not start something in D&D if your argument is so flawless?...

2. The Stig

The Stig Member

Is it possible to ban the sales of bullets/ammos? I don't know if that can be the loophole around the second amendment.

RIP to the Victims. Hope this dude gets what he deserved.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

A mental problem disguised as racism. Let's fix racism.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

yeah that extra .002" of bullet diameter does 5 times the damage. Did you make that up, use some sort of tard math or did someone tell you that?

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That's absolutely horrific, damn. :(

The Axis of Evil countries should invade us so they can stop us from terrorizing ourselves.

The US really needs to get it's **** together, because our country is dooming itself. We really need to focus on ourselves and how our society is continually and constantly changing for the worse.

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I can't speak for all your "gun nuts" but I came into this thread to leave my condolences, yet what I see is the same ****. "gun violence" needs to be reduced. ALL VIOLENCE NEEDS TO BE REDUCED.

You're picking a side based on your bias. At least I'm here trying to be in the middle.

I am a gun owner & would be open to a psychological test before background checks. I would be open to having any documentation of trauma that I have had being at the disposal of the ATF. My personal opinion is that guns should not be allowed to be carried by teachers in school (high school and lower) because there are too many kids which can cause accidents.

Anything else that I'm aware about that has been proposed is unnecessary, IMO. Capacity magazines, banning "assault" weapons, limiting x amount of ammo sales, will not change much.

I respect everyone elses opinion unless you're out here throwing insults, so unless you're a ballistics expert, get the **** out of my face.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Has anyone heard either way whether any referral to a mental health expert came at the end of this complaint process? Seeing the short version looks like a clear case of mental illness. Was no one thinking of it at the time they were dealing with this guy?

8. Victorious

Victorious Member

this would be ideal. but you are probably in the minority of gun owners that would be ok with this

9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Yeah the same tard math teacher that taught you reading and comprehension. Not going to keep reiterating that I said it depends on the type of round so I'll let you get back to sucking your own dick.

Sorry for derailing the thread with this douche master.

Condolences to the family, fiance & boyfriend.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Which type of .357 mag round does 5 times the damage of which type of 9x19mm? I have subsonic handloads with 4.5 grains of powder, less powerful than anything commercially available wouldn't fulfill that.

Quit your BS.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I would be surprised if at least some people weren't worried about his mental health, but what can one do? I've been on the concerned end in a scary work situation like this, and mental health questions were asked, recommendations were made, but an employee is free to do with that what they will. And if they are sick enough and unmedicated, you can be sure they are probably going to respond to the suggestions with further paranoia.

I actually lived with a moderate amount of fear b/c of an ex-employee for a while. Had the Mrs. instructed on what to do if she saw the person near our house, etc.

The mentally ill in this country have the right to be free in their voluntary hellish misery, but as a society, we are not free to make sure they get care and to protect the public good. It's so backwards.

12. Victorious

Victorious Member

to the people that say we don't have a gun problem (disagree but ok) but a mental illness problem, how do we go about fixing this issue? what are some solutions?

13. dragician

dragician Member

I think we need to trade for Jeremy Lin.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

A mental health referral?

What do you mean by that?

"You are fired and we suggest you seek counseling and/or psychiatric help"?

Not only is that a weird expectation, it seems very ineffective.

Seeing the short case of it looks like the guy was a jerk/hot-head, not a violent psychopath.

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

How did this turn into a mental health issue?

16. Indaface

Indaface Member

Republicans

17. dragician

dragician Member

killing people and posting it online?

18. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

Guy getting fired for having mental problems?

19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Official: Suspect in shooting of reporter, cameraman during live broadcast dies at hospital.</p>&mdash; The Associated Press (@AP) <a href="https://twitter.com/AP/status/636602757353488384">August 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

One fewer turd in the punch bowl at least.