1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans make me appreciate the Rockets a lot more

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

You do realize the Texans sell out every game and have been doing that since their excistence right? Football runs Houston. Our city as a whole are full of bandwagoners.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets did put together a very good team when Morey first arrived back in 2007. Within a year they had Yao, T-Mac, Artest, Battier, Deke, Landry, Scola, Hayes, Lowry, Wafer, and Brooks. That's a title contender right there. The problem is injuries completely derailed them.

They have had some bad stretches between 1997-2004 and 2009-2012, but part of that was due to injuries and Les refusing to tank in order to rebuild. Even the Spurs who've had a dominant run for the last quarter century built that foundation with a few bad seasons and high draft picks(Robinson, Elliott, Duncan).

3. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Something told me not to click on this thread.

1 person likes this.
  4. conquistador#11

this thread is awesome. Mcnair must be the only seersucker wearing racist with a black right hand man, who is probably first in line to inherit all that $ in the future.

5. Remlap

Remlap Member

ALWAYS the race card to to play.
    Bridgewater was picked 32nd in the draft.

I suppose all of those other racist GM's and owners locked him out too due to his color?

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Clowney black?
    Mario Williams? I'm pretty sure he's black.
    AND, we're starting a guy named "ARIAN'. How racist is THAT!?

And then there's that JJ guy. Our racist owner made our black GM take him with our first pick in 2011.
    What an insult, eh?

How about we talk battle red and blue instead of dividing by race? smh...

6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

^^ way out of the point I was trying to make :( Sigh.. what have I done.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Let's see how long it takes eggball figure head whatever his name is to ban the Texans team owner and strip him off ownership for being racist . NBA and Adam Silver took firm action against Donald Sterling. That's another differenciation between a real athletic sport with smart high IQ fans and a fake tough guy non athletic sport with the opposite.

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yeah McNair the racist....with Rick Smith as the godfather to one of his grandkids.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I bet Bob McNair can tell you himself how many black friends he has by the number lol but the Texans are his business... I'm pretty sure he wants to run a class organization in terms of maximizing profit and appearing to have players and coaches that have integrity and respect. Winning comes after that... and that's a big reason why the Texans are one of four teams to never see the super bowl.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of course the MUCH bigger reason being that they are the youngest franchise in the NFL.

11. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

I root for the Texans cause I root for all Houston sports teams, but when you chose to sell upper lever tickets against the Bucs for $125 when neither team has done squat for years, I gotta take a step back. I can get good Rockets tickets for the same price that the Texans, who only have 2 playoff wins and are ensconced in mediocrity, are charging for crappy seats. And people are filling the stadium and rooting on this mid-level team. Why rock the boat when you can throw some guys out there and people will still pack NRG, the parking lots, and radio waves thumping their chest about the Texans.

12. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Texans are done. JJ Watt is the only saving grace.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

lol

I spent $300+ for 2 upper level tickets for a Rockets game last year.

If you think the Rockets are any less about money than the Texans, you are sadly mistaken.

14. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

You do realize there is 8 Texans home games as opposed to 41 rockets home games? Rockets games aren't cheap either, at least the ones on the weekends aren't against average to above average competition.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Baseball is big in Boston... and yet more people are watching meaningless football games right now vs. games that count for the Red Sox, which echoes what is happening in every major american city EXCEPT St. Louis (where their football team may be on the way out anyways).

16. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

to the person who brought up race why the texans are more popular in houston than up and coming teams like the astros and rockets... I totally agree

Bob Mcnair may not be a racist, but no doubt he is prejudiced, going back to not taking vince young( theirs no telling how vy's career would have ended in houston).. he could have been more focused and worked harder playing in front of his hometown team or he could have gotten injured, and in turn didnt work hard

Not taking Bridgewater was criminal, i said it before and i'll say it again, the kid was talked about as a future number 1 overall pick, and he was right there to be had for nothing, i guarentee you if Johnny Football had fallen to pick 32 Bob McNair would have traded with the seahawks to get him in Houston

As for JJ Watt and his hype i totally agree, its a bit much for a guy who hasnt led the texans anywhere but part of that is passing on bridgewater( the texans are a playoff team with teddy last year). James Harden is more known than JJ Watt around the world, so yea harden is a bigger international star than watt

and i think race is also a reason why the astros arent as popular in houston anymore. Their star players are minorities, back when the astros were hyped and selling out it was the all-american killer b's

1 person likes this.
  17. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Who were they playing that an upper level seat cost $150 a pop? I paid about that for section 115 and saw them play the Spurs, reigning champs, and the Grizzlies, constant playoff team, last season. And why can I get upper level Falcon/Bucs, division rivals, for less than Texans/Bucs? Starting price for Bucs @ Falcons, on Stubhub, is $35 while for Bucs @ Texans its closer to $70? Now, I will say that I dont usually look to attend Texans games cause I work Sundays and have been in Houston since July 2010 and was not looking to pay to see Schaub play/screw up. Only Texans game Ive been to was when we won free upper level tickets at training camp open to fans.

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I really understand why some people don't like football even though I enjoy it, but for you to say nfl players aren't athletic and to some extent not tough and then talk about low IQs is actually hilarious

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Supply and demand my friend. Many less games result in higher values to fans, whether basketball is better than football or not.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

When he wants to go in to troll mode he has found that football is his most amusing schtick.