1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans make me appreciate the Rockets a lot more

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If they're not playing the Yankees, game will not be anywhere close to being in prime time.

2. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

Patriot fans had the same grievances with Gronkowski, as in there wasn't an endorsement he didn't like, but it was worse because he could barely stay on the field.

I always look forward to watching Watt play, but I never liked the uber All American crew-cut military loving schtick that he's taken off with, and all the corn-fed Wrestlemania-esque rube fans here that eat it up.

3. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

What, it reeks of low I.Q.? I swear he is asexual, like a mosquito or a virus. I did see him at the bar with one of the Linebackers and they had 3 girls each so there is that.

And there is Amobe Okoye who is brilliant and sucks in the NFL.

[​IMG]

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

So your city has the best defensive football player in the NFL, and he's recognized for it with respect, endorsements, etc. Sounds good right?

Wrong! He has too many commercials!

5. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

You could be walking down the richest street in Beverley Hills and be struck by a meteorite. There's no such thing as "luck" as an attribute but all these things are just a roll of the dice that haven't panned out.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I find this highly highly offensive. I'd rather be called a **** *** **** *** ********** **** *** *** and a ******* *** ***** ********** ****** than ever read that non-sense on here from a so called 'fan' of the rockets. Holy **** balls this place is going to *** ***** ***** **** peter ****** **** **** **** ********.

1 person likes this.
  7. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Not a Texans fan since I moved away from Houston between the time the Oilers moved away and the Texans moved in.

In any case, I would ask Morey to hire the next GM.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The way the Texans treat the QB position, we'll be waiting a long time for that Super Bowl...

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I see the weirdos who refer to football as eggball are out in full force

10. Nook

Nook Member

Virtually every city is a football town first... Even towns like Chicago and NY.

Having said that, the Texans franchise deserves to be mediocre.. Because they are mediocre in virtually every way. The sad part is players like AJ Johnson and JJ Watt will have wasted their prime on garbage clubs.

11. the shark

the shark Member

"Every city is a football town first"? The Patriots, even with the Super Bowl wins, take a back seat to the Red Sox!!!

12. bmd

bmd Member

They were a good team until Matt Schaub lost his mind and kept throwing pick sixes. He went from being a fringe top-10 QB in the league to 3rd string on the Raiders in less than a year.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'd much rather the eggball playing Texans die as a franchise even if it means Rockets are in the lottery.

I hate non athletic fake tough guy sports like egg ball, I hate no talent big mac guzzling fatty nobody's like JJ What. I love the Rockets. I love James Harden.

Delusional low IQ eggball fans wear me out.

14. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Certainly not true in St. Louis, arguable in K.C.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Lets just say that in cities with all 3 major sports, the NBA is rarely first. In fact, I can't think of a market where the NBA is a clear-cut first (including Cleveland and the Bay Area).

Threads like this are pretty comical... most people have the ability to be a fan of all teams in one city... it doesn't have to be one or the other.

16. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Football dominates all, not sure why people in here are so intimated by it. It is not even debatable.

A preseason football game did better than the World Series or the NBA Conference Finals, just let that sink in. Football is not going anywhere, it dominates sports talk in every city

The St. Louis argument might be true but that is because the Cardinals are perennial winners and the Rams are perennial losers. If both the Rams and Cardinals were winners it wouldn't take long for the city to forget about baseball. The Pats own New England, the Sox are a tourist team.

17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Friend of mine was in Boston for about 2 weeks last July/August. That's NFL training camp season and says the Patriots were heardly mentioned on sports radio there. The Red Sox own Boston.

18. the shark

the shark Member

Go back and read what he said. He was claiming football was first in every city. Like I said not in Boston (New England area).

19. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Looking at the last 12 years, is their a team that has performed as badly as the Texans in the NFL?

20. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

The Cowboys, until last season at least.