1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reporter expelled from public university 'Black Lives' event for not being of 'African descent'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BDswangHTX, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Again... if an organization (especially a black group) starts targeting cops and murdering them, all hell will break loose. Do you really think that a group like that would be allowed to prosper in the USA? There is no way.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We'll see. It's a much different world today than it was when Hoover was running the FBI.

We live in a world where a group of people can loot and burn down a town, and they blame it on the police....

3. Remii

Remii Member

And where did a majority of those black murders happen at...? That's what your stats are missing. And I don't live in the ghetto around a bunch of drug dealers and gang bangers so I have no worries about that...

And again I said _ "if I were him."

4. Nook

Nook Member

Watt riots? Rodney King?

That isn't anything new.

Can you give me an example of a current organization or movement that regularly commits murder and is embraced? Serious question.....

Having said that I suspect blacklivesmatter# will peter out like other movements.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

PLO??

6. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

You people should copy the contents of this thread and paste it into word. Replace(Ctrl + H) 'Black' and 'White' with nothing(space) and hear how dumb you sound.

If all of you that are arguing cant set aside racism then how do you expect anyone else to?

racists gunna race!

Anything being held in a public location is open to the public, like many have said, hold this in a private location if you want to exclude people for any reason.

Just like almost everything else that gets reported of this nature, the few that make the most noise get noticed, then people from the group making the most noise do something stupid and it gets caught on camera.

Is it wrong for them to meet? No
    Is it wrong for them to ask people to leave based on race? Yes
    Did they make themselves look worse by the actions of, well more than a few of their "followers"? Yes

I find it funny that a group that's main purpose, stated in this thread earlier, is to get cops to wear camera's would flip out when someone was........ Using a camera to record their rally.

If you can argue any of my post without playing a race card, feel free, if you cant, don't.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Haha...You shouldn't live in fear Bobby.

What a jump there.

Besides, once again...it's not a racist group...it's a group asking for civil rights.

[​IMG]

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And that's why they'll get away with it, on paper they'll be mascaraing as a "civil rights" group.

9. Remii

Remii Member

And you call me the conspiracy theorist... Lol..

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Some of us are not even arguing that it's racist or not. I'm sure not. I really don't care. The only thing I asked was, were there any other white people at this event? Could it have been that this guy was just agitating them ultimately? I don't know, it's such a minor story though but people want to cling onto it like it was some major display of racism against white people.

All of a sudden a few posters are calling an end to racism but when worse things are done to black people, they are usually often quiet around here.

I jumped in the thread because people were saying #Blacklivesmatter is now a racist movement because of this incident. Not realizing why it exists and who is actually part of that movement.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well of course you don't care, you'd be right with them chanting for the man to get to the back of the bus due to his race. I get that you share an ideology with them, that was never in question.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nope, just like you don't care when a black person gets killed. Again, it's a minor story except probably a major story on white nationalist forums as it feeds into their belief of being the ones facing discrimination from non-white people.

When black people are going to jail more than whites despite using drugs less, the last thing I care about is whether some white guy was offended.

I get that this is a big deal to you, that it finally shows the black man holding the white man down and finally proves your theory that black people are racist so you'll cling onto this one little story. To you this is as bad as black people getting lynched, so I get why you'll cling to this thread Bobby. I really do. It's finally proof that white people are discriminated against, there's the big ugly video right there! Poor guy.

Can you guys imagine all the lynchings of white people this group do at night?

13. Nook

Nook Member

Is it a racist group? Well it appears that there are certainly racist members that have sway within the group, IF the claim that the charter is a direct copy of the Black Panther 10 point charter and if Shakur is being quoted at events.

Does that make it a racist organization? Does that make it communist organization? I don't know at what point it tips one way or the other. Was the Tea Party a racist organization? Was Occupy Wall Street an extremist group?

I suppose it depends on who you ask or which voice you listen to.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Neither were racist groups to me, when talking about the Tea Party or Occupy wall street.

To me, the purpose of the group is the most important thing. Yes, there were some racist that were in the tea party that probably stained their image to some and yes there were some radicals in occupy wallstreet to be sure that did the same.

The problem with both and all of these groups are that they are so loosely gathered that any one can associate with them. A guy could kill cops and say he did it for #blacklivesmatter and there is no leadership, no face of the movement to counter that. As is usually the case for movements, there is usually a face to them.

Still, all of these groups are not racist. The KKK is a racist group because it's literally their purpose to re-segregate the nation based on race. That's their end goal here.
    #Blacklivesmatter isn't because it's purpose is to make police more accountable.
    Occupy Wallstreet and the Tea Party are clearly political groups.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm curious, you left one group out, do you consider the Black Panthers to be a racist group?

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes I do.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well that's good, common ground. with that said, completely hypothetically, would you think that a group that embraces the principles of the Black Panthers, would most likely be a racist group? How about one that hosts workshops to learn from the founders of the Black Panthers?

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes then they would be a racist group, since the Black Panthers were a racist group as well.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough. I just wanted to end this with some common ground.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The site is cleveland.com and it covers Cleveland news. You are hopeless if you can't take 2 seconds to see that a website isn't some sort of sensationalist site even though you still seem to think that it is one.

You are being too defensive and projecting too much bias to even have a conversation with. You seem to view everything through the lens of race. There is more to life than that.

Good luck!