1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So... Any more significant moves coming up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Jul 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

To be quite honest, it's obvious that Jet shouldn't be playing more than 10-12 minutes a night, if that. Having said that, I really hope that they resign him because of his veteran presence in the locker room. Every championship squad needs that guy in the locker room. He and Ariza provided that in spades last season and especially in the playoffs. The contribution he brings chemistry wise is invaluable IMO (but actually valued at around the veteran's minimum)

2. basketballholic

If we sign the Chuckster, he becomes that guy automatically.

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Obviously I can't know this for certain, but one would assume that former NBA champions are far more credible than nice guy journeymen (no offense to Chuck). Why can't we have them both though?

4. basketballholic

It may happen. It could happen later in the summer. Or it could happen after we clear the roster midseason. Or we could move on from Jet. Battier never won a chip when he was here but he (and Chuck) were clearly the clubhouse leaders while he was here. Leadership is leadership. Rings don't differentiate guys that are the leaders.

5. baubo

baubo Member

Honestly the fact that the Rockets managed to squeeze enough salary to get Lawson was already impressive without giving up one of our young PFs. They’re out of bullet until December.

6. basketballholic

mmmmmmmm, no they're not out of bullets. #watch

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He was going Doc Rocket cryptically saying Ariza is traded by December 19th.

8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Sure, but where did Battier and Chuck get us? Jet and Ariza got us to the WCF. Battier and Chuck were paragons of professionalism but I'd rather have Jet perpetuating the #swagchamp confidence that Harden and the rest clearly buy into. He's professional and he pumps the city up. Hard not to root for him and I'm sure he's beloved in the locker room.

If Jet moves on (or the Rockets move on), I hope it's for something good.

9. basketballholic

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That's illogical. Because Jet was on the team that went to the WC Finals....his leadership got us there???????????????????????? LOLOLOLOLOL

So because Lebron lost and Steph won in the Finals....Steph's leadership was better than Lebron's?????????????

Illogical

James Harden playing out of the stratosphere basketball is what got us to the WC Finals. Not Jet's leadership.

10. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Wasn't it Jet and Terry in the lineup that saved the season in game 6?

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Jet and Ariza, rather.

12. basketballholic

Possibly. But Jet in the lineup may have been the reason we couldn't make it to the Finals because his D was so bad.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We are done until the trade deadline and only then if we need to....I think Morey likes the team and he should - we are stacked, no weaknesses.

DD

14. basketballholic

Morey is not done trying to upgrade this team, Dada. He's trying to make another move right now.

15. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

It's actually a fact that he was in that closing line-up. Not just possible.

OK, we can point to many factors in the GSW series but at the end of the day, the Rockets were outmatched. Fully healthy, who knows, right?

My point is that these veteran guys like Chuck and Terry make relatively small contributions throughout the year. No doubt, Harden and Howard and now Lawson will be doing most of the heavy lifting. The veteran's job is to provide that NBA lifer knowledge and throw in some key plays in the playoffs. IMO, Terry did that last year. He's been hitting daggers all his life. If it's a choice between the two (Chuck v. Terry), I'm guessing the players will listen to the former champion who was part of one of the most dramatic playoff comebacks in NBA history.

At the end of the day, I'm hoping we sign both. I'm just more convinced that Terry will do the veteran's job better. Good day!

16. basketballholic

Jet is a championship veteran and obviously a leader.

But when it comes to playing defense and getting a stop....they're gonna be listening to Chuckwagon. If we sign both or either of Jet/Chuckwagon, it's for the same reason....to possibly play spot minutes in a jam and to teach the youngsters how to win games with their practicing and coaching/mentoring.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It would have to be at PF but who? The only rumor I've heard is Faried who costs too much and really isn't a better player than DMo unless you just want a guy to hit the boards. Not to mention Harrell is likely Faried with a better jump shot.

Taking a quick look at the stats the only players I see even remotely available that would be a possible upgrade over DMo would be Favors, Sullinger, Anderson, and maybe Markieff Morris.

Unless Cuban is waving the white towel and wants to trade Dirk:p

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nothing significant though, someone like Chuck Hayes, Jason Terry, maybe even Boozer or some such, but probably not anyone that is going to be anything more than insurance.

DD

20. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Jones + Harrell/Dekker for an upgrade at the PF. Wild wild guess but I'm thinking Thaddeus Young or Taj Gibson. Maybe Markieff. Favors? Who knows.