1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith signs with Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Jul 16, 2015.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Well said.

2. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

enough with this knucklehead guys...lets move on and watch the Clips burn

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

What an idiot:

It's time to pass the hat, please, for Josh Smith.

At an introductory news conference with the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday, the former Detroit Pistons free agent bust pointed out how the next year is going to be a financial challenge.

"At the end of the day, you know, I do have a family," he said. "So it is going to be a little harder on me this year. But I'm going to push through it, you know."

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2015/07/23/josh-smith-los-angeles-clippers/30560381/

4. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

When TJones plays out of his mind for us this year, we will once again thank Smith.... TJ finds a way to stay on the Rockets year in and year out. Must be destiny. I expect great things from him this yr.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

When you live in a different financial sphere you have a distorted view of reality.

Maybe Josh can learn something from Latrell "Feed my Family" Sprewell, who would have starved on an offer of $7,000,000 a year (that's a lot of Captain Crunch, y'know?), which he spurned in order to earn....nothing.

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Josh Smith was oftentimes the 3rd best player on the Rockets last season/playoffs, sometimes he was even the 2nd best player. But the guy is gone. Let this thread die already. There is too much angst and anger over the guy. Move on, we got another team of Rockets ready to roll.

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Every time when a player leave a team, people always will moan about what he did right or wrong for that team.

There is nothing new here.

Heck we have seen more people cursing on the current Rockets when they will miss a shot or had a TOV in a single game also.

Just like the Piston broadcasting team did above.

Does it make him a better person that those b****ing in this thread?

9. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

You've been around long enough to know....if you don't like a thread, don't post in it. A thread only continues when people post in it. Heck, if you don't like a thread topic, why are you even reading it???

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmfao

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Are you quoting the wrong person?

The poster above me is actually the one to tell everyone STFU and close the thread.

I have never once asked others to stop talking whatever they want in here,

dude, this is the home the free.

Just like you said, everyone has their rights to speak whatever they want, as long as its not some kind of personal attacks or just simply false info.

12. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Lmfao

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i love josh smith and we're going to miss him badly.

14. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

15. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I heard that was taken out of context. He was referring to living away from his family.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good to know that. The press should stop making up stories. I don't mind seeing the Clippers winning and Josh playing well, but I would be very happy to see them losing against our Houston Rockets.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Yea I think we will miss him. DMo doesn't have his rebounding and handles. TJones doesn't have the rebounding or passing he does. That extra skill was huge in the playoffs. Maybe Lawson's play making will make up or hopefully surpass the difference.

18. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

The press is trolling. Original quote:
    "It wasn’t about the money because of the Detroit situation. But at the end of the day, you know, I do have a family. So, it is going to be a little harder on me this year. But I’m going to push through it and try to do long-term after this year. But I think, this year, focusing on doing something special with this group of guys – we have the opportunity to do something special. Right now, this is what I want to focus on."

The fact is that he took the minimum, and he was worth a lot more. It's douchey to criticize him when he actually took the very least amount of money possible. He didn't say that he wouldn't be able to feed his family, and it's normal for your family to want you to be paid what you are worth.

19. mulletman

mulletman Member

he'll be back after the clippers cut him midseason ;)

20. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I must have misinterpreted the first two lines of your original post. Sorry about that. Egg on my face.

I probably should have passed on taking the guest lecturer role anyway.......but it is so fun! haha