1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Chuck Hayes close to signing with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Jul 21, 2015.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty embarrassing to read a thread with people underestimating Chuck Hayes, AGAIN.

I have never, ever seen Chuck "dominated".

On defense, on the ball, individually, he is elite. If your offense can afford having him on the court, he will completely get any PF/C off their respective games. Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Lamarcus, Blake, Amare, KG, Timmy, etc...

For instance, If he was tasked to guard Draymond Green, god help Draymond Green. I have never seen anyone flourish with Chuck Hayes on the otherside of the ball. Dude is an immovable tree stump with the highest IQ and best feet you can ask for.

Shame on you "Rocket" fans. You should know how good this guy is in the right situation. My only worry is If McHale will know when to use him...

2 people like this.
  2. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

It's alright brother, I said this like 5 billion pages ago, our words are wind

3. khasnarnadar

khasnarnadar Member

Would be awesome to have the Chuck Wagon guard LaMarcus Aldridge, seeing as he has caused a lot of trouble for us in the past with T-jones guarding him.

4. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

Forget the on court performances, think about how good Dmo and maybe jones will develop going up against one of the better post defenders in Hayes in practice

5. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

Lots of dumb posts on cfans these days, this thread is a great case study

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

It makes me check their join date lol

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Great to have similar join dates then. ;)

8. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

If only the Rockets could have an All Star player at every position and on the bench. Man oh man. Morey Sux!!!:rolleyes:

9. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

Chuck Hayes is the PF version of PBev before there was PBev. I can't think of a better end-of-the-rotation big man to play in case of injury and to use in spot minutes.

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Basically a smarter but less athletic Dorsey. I consider a vote of confidence in Clint Capela. Doesn't hurt to have D-Mo around who can log some minutes at C as well.

11. KiLLiN

KiLLiN Member

People forget how Hayes is like a anchor in terms of post defense. Nobody can back him down in the low post because of his strength and low center of gravity. He's great for spot minutes in order to defend PFs or even Centers who rely on the post in order to throw them off.

12. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

a less injured version of PBev, man i rememeber the days of the ChuckWagon, Clandry and Lowry. Boy those 09 rockets gave a run for everybody's money.

13. mag

mag Contributing Member

Remember well the days when Hayes played with the Rockets. We never made the playoffs :confused:

14. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I think we beat the Blazers 2 years ago if Hayes is on the team.

15. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

I remember his defense was elite, and his passing was pretty good too. I remember his layups were getting a lot better too. He would be a great pickup to help fill Smith's defensive void.

16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

As the starting C, not the 11th man on the bench

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Agreed.

18. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Look, we're in trouble if Chuck Hayes is getting major minutes with this roster. That being said, he's an absolute defensive savant and could be used in special match up situations when the Aldridges and the Griffins of the world are dominating us and we want to get them off their rhythm. He's like a defensive Jamal Crawford in that he can just come in cold off the bench and be a defensive spark plug.

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

We definately made the playoffs. I remember watching him shut down Andrew Bynum after Yao went down with injury in the seven game series vs Lakers.

20. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

We made the playoffs 3 out of the 6 years he played here. The years we didn't make the playoffs were directly because of injuries to Yao and McGrady. And in 2009 we advanced to the 2nd round and took the eventual NBA champs to 7 games without Yao, Mutombo, or McGrady.