1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is D12 doing to improve his game this summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Jul 21, 2015.

1. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

This is OP

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

The back surgery set him back alot, doubt youll see any huge improvement this late added with the back surgery

During 2011 dude basically had a 3 month strech of 25/15/2.

3. do work son

do work son Member

marc gasol just got 20 million a year and didn't dominate draymond green either, so i'm not sure what you're getting at here.

expecting anyone to "dominate a small ball lineup that golden state throws" at anyone is stupid. they won a championship, pretty convincingly. no one dominated them.

he needs to get healthy, and rest. cut down on post ups, increase # of pick and rolls, and continue to play dominant defense.

4. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

He needs to really work on his threepoint shot imo. Must stretch the floor.

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Iggy shoot 37% FT in the final series against the Cavs and he is the FMVP.

Will you please write a letter and b**** to him also?

1 person likes this.
  6. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Dwight will make Ty Lawson better ;)

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'll even buy the stamps

8. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Nope, because you just made my point he's a champion and FMVP. D12 is what again, a finals runnerup.

I like what D12 brings to the table on the defensive end, however, with his elementary low post game (we score 28% of the time we give it to him in the post) and horrible free throw shooting, we are playing 4 on 5. Unless we run PnR to death and he doesn't get fouled.

Real talk, actual factual!!

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

what are you even trying to argue. you're posting nonsense about dwight that anyone who follows his career knew years ago. a lot has happened since then
    that has caused him to adjust and still remains dominant in many ways.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I didn't realize enjoying the fruits of your labor, taking some much needed time for leisure and relaxation (as well as getting mentally healthy), and doing some serious charity work and community service qualifies as something 12 year olds do in their summer vacations. If that's what you did as a 12 year old OP, then hats off to you.

11. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Not arguing anything, just asked what my man was working on this summer to improve his game. That's all, I love marvel and dc comics as well. Just asked a question and got a lot of hate from side pieces. He's a dominant defender and excellent rebounder.

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I think that's admirable and actually do it myself. I'm not critical of those efforts, I just asked what is he doing to improve his game to help us when a championship. If you think he doesn't need to do anything different, that's your opinion, mine is different.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

I dunk on you, son!
    [​IMG]

14. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Fun little tidbit. He's in Dubai right now apparently. He was on my mom's flight there last night.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Seems you are really having a hard time to understand simple logic, so I will just ask the questions straight :

- if you really believe Dwight's FT is the main reason we lost in the playoff, and explain why a player whose even having worse FT % than him and not even a starter can win the FMVP?

- DAJ also is a worse FT shooter than Dwight and basically has zero low post game and he also worth a max contract and somehow he basically decided the fate of 2 franchise of this summer. Are they all morons that not thinking the same way you did?

16. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

THIS is why you're getting flamed.

Adam Morrison, Eddie Curry, and Mark Madsen are also NBA champs.

Unless you're trolling in which case you suck at trolling.

17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

So I guess DH12 has to spend 18hrs a day in the gym to make some of you happy? The dude has a life off the court so let him be. To think the guy is just goofing off until the season starts is ridiculous.

18. the shark

the shark Member

The logic on here is freakin amazing to me. Should Dwight be able to enjoy his time off? Of course. However, last I saw the NBA didn't get rid of the hacking rule, and thus Dwight's free throw shooting is one of THE biggest liabilities this team has.

He shot .528 in the regular season, and was just flat out PATHETIC in the playoffs shooting 68 of 165 (.412 percent). FORTY-ONE PERCENT!!!!!

To come back with, "do you think his FT shooting was the reason they got eliminated" is just crazy IMO. It definitely played a part in why they went home, and who's to say it won't be THE reason they get eliminated next yr?

GS (Kerr), SA (Pop) and LAC (Doc), coaches of three of our biggest competitors, have shown they have no problem hacking a horrible FT shooter down the stretch, and make no mistake about it they'll go after Howard until he shows he can make his damn FT.

So yes Dwight can have fun in the offseason, but he always claims he wants to win a title, and his FT shooting is one of the biggest weaknesses this team has and any opposing coach would trade putting a .412 FT shooter on the line at crunch time (5 minutes left in the gm) any day of the week.

Dwight should be embarrassed at how pathetic of a FT shooter he is. He's not a rookie anymore. He still has NO CLUE how to shoot a FT. He still pushes the damn ball. Still doesn't use his legs nor his wrists.

Nobody on here has any idea if he's putting in the time to work on this part of his gm, but you know what, time will tell if he did. Dwight wanted to be a part of a team that has a huge legacy of big men. Why is it all of these guys could shoot FT and Dwight can't?

Moses (.760% reg) (.756% playoffs)
    Hakeem (.712%) (.719%)
    Ralph (.661%) (.703)
    Yao (.833%) (.833%)

All of these guys had fun in the summer as well, but they also put the work in, and not only did they put the work in, but they also had enough pride in their game that they weren't going to be so PATHETIC at FT shooting and thus a HUGE liability to the team.

I could care less if Dwight likes to smile and laugh when he plays. Do what you got to do to shoot FT at a respectable rate and not be a liability to your teammates.

19. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

As long as he plays in the playoffs like he always does he can do whatever he wants in the summer as far as i'm concerned. He's our playoff MVP each season.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The NBA is also not getting rid of DEFENSE also, even Harden improved quite a bit last year, he is still one of the worse defender in this team and he is also a liability also. So he should be ashame of himself?

Bev on the other hand, often criticized by many that he sucked so bad in play making and Ariza just had a horrible season shooting the 3s overall, should the Rockets just dump them all?

I am amazed that you just failed to realize no players are perfect and each one will have some glaring weakness that others don't, and that's why this game is played with a TEAM.

For any Rockets fan that had followed this team for quite a while and still yelling Dwight FT issue is the main reason for us not winning the championship hence he should practice more,

I think you should quit and be a fan of other teams,

such as the Mavs, they have much better FT shooters.