1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Marvel's Ant-Man

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 3, 2013.

1. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

To your spoiler, I don't think it'll be AM2's story line as much as it'll tie into another movie. Mainly because AM2 isn't coming out anytime soon. Maybe the new Spider-Man? Possibly. Regardless, I agree with the destruction the getting stale. However that'll be every superhero movie ever.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Wait, wait. She's for sure going to be in Civil War?

More Evangeline is always welcome. ;)

3. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Not yet but I say it's likely. I have a friend who works for the writing crew for it but sadly he won't give me any leaks on the story. :( but if Wasp is in it, I'd be ecstatic.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. Rocketfanatic2

Great movie I thought. Had quite a few humorous scenes that I wasn't expecting but certainly not over the top with it. Recommend.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

In no particular order my top 5 are:
    Avengers, Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man 1, Age of Ultron.

For me, Ant Man might be right behind those. It was a very good movie, just not quite the best.

My wife put it well "I think I'm tired of origin movies".

I'm with her, bring on Civil War! (And Deadpool's origin, shhhhh)

7. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

My girl left me man...

...and my mom died...

...and my dad got deported...

...but, I GOT THIS VAN!

YEAH!

8. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

I saw Ant Man yesterday and really enjoyed it. Not as good as Guardians or Age of Ultron but pretty close. Can someone explain the second after credit scene?

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

10. magman

magman Member

It's an out of context scene from Captain America Civil War, Cap and the Falcon have the Winter soldier on vice. Who knows if they are torturing him or helping but they need at-man for something, and Stark can't help because he's tied up with "the accords"

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They're clearly trying to help him. Winter Soldier is Cap's best friend. They don't want to tell Stark because Hydra made Winter Soldier kill his father while he was brainwashed. This is the big reason Stark will be at odds with Rogers in Civil War. Or so the rumor goes.

#191 seclusion, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  12. Rudy

Rudy Member

I'll admit it, Ant-Man actually surprised the heck out of me. One I the more refreshing superhero movie I've seen. One of the best 3D films too.

Funny though coming home I turned on ESPN and they had the Marvel 1 of 1 special with Dwight and compared his struggles to Ant-Man, when Dwight had surgery at 15 to fix his growth plate and they said he won't grow past 6'2 with a broken growth plate, but he's now 6'11 and Ant-Man eventually turns to Giant Man.

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I enjoyed it, it's got some issues here and there and it's probably not one of my top Marvel films but it's a lot of fun.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

When he entered the microverse after needing to shrink to the subatomic level to defeat Yellowjacket, and he put the "blue = growth" disk into his belt, I was ready to mark out for him to turn into Giant-Man. Would have been so great.

I felt like just putting in the blue disk was wayyyy too easy a fix for his predicament, though. It makes sense, but it just seemed way too easy.

15. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I was pleasantly surprised by this Movie. It helped that I like the primary 4 actors; Rudd, Evangeline, Douglas, and the guy from The Strain.

I would rank it in my top 5 current marvel movies.

Avengers
    GotG
    IronMan
    Winter Soldier
    Ant-Man

They did a really good job with the story and didn't take themselves too seriously.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Rumor is he will turn Giant in Civil War

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Put me in the pleasantly surprised camp. Better than any Thor movie, the Hulk movie and the 1st Captain America movie. I liked it more than GotG.

Anyone know what Edgar Wright would have done differently? People love to hug on that guys nuts. I don't get it.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Replace Paul Rudd with Jason Bateman and it would have been twice as good
    Overall it was pretty good.
    Not the best but not the worse either
    I was entertained. Marvel still delivers

Rocket River
    Seeing his go MICRO made me hope for a Micronauts movie. . THAT WOULD BE EPIC . . .intro ACROYEAR

Second Ending - I think they need Ant Man to go into the Circuitry to make some adjustments.

19. pgsxdjp

pgsxdjp Member

What makes you think that? I thought Paul Rudd did great and is more likable than Jason Bateman. To each his own.

20. magman

magman Member

Aside from the obvious quick takes and cuts and visual style he's known for, seems that the Mckay/Rudd/Reed added quite a few additions, according to interviews:

Janet (Wasp) wasn't in the original script
    The Tip Montages were McKay/Reed
    The Falcon/Avengers scene was added by Mckay and Rudd
    The Subatomic scene was added
    The final fight in Cassie's bedroom was Wright's idea
    The heist stuff like the finger scanner and vault break in were Mckay/rudd
    The Pym/Lang mentor and student was Wright, and matched comics

I like Edgar Wright's visual style and comedy, but the end result we got in Ant-Man was a good movie, and almost impossible to say Wright's version would have been much better.