1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

{Mannix} Rockets interested in Ty Lawson despite DUI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Rooting for idiocy to happen in order to prove an idiot is an idiot.....

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't root for idiocy to happen. Any move Morey makes I assume he's thought through and knows better than I do.

It just so happens that it's awesome when it runs counters to what BBallholic proclaims will happen.

1 person likes this.
  3. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

As well as supporting the pursuit of Ty, I would support Boozer at an acceptable rate off the bench. I believe he shoots about 70% from the FT, doesn't shoot any 3s, and can be a reliable 12 and 8 player.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lawson isn't coming to Houston even if Morey tries. This offseason sucks and I'm not getting my hopes up. Clips, Spurs all got better and we are sitting on our hands.

5. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I know Bima knows his stuff, but when I checked this trade on the ESPN trade machine, it doesn't work:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o439kw5

Maybe the trade machine is wrong, but it says that our salaries total $8,392,716 and Ty's salary is $12,404,495. Then it states this:

So maybe Bima miscalculated, the trade machine is wrong, or there is some other rule that I am not aware of, but we would need to include someone else to make those salaries work. Even once Dekker is able to be traded, his $1,646,000 salary would still be short of the $1,813,600 stated that is needed by the trade machine, so I don't know if we can do it without TJones or another player.

6. Fantasma Negro

Terrence Jones will be a top 10 player next season. Whoever he plays for

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

We have plenty of options at the 4.

DMo didn't play a single minute in the playoffs, and IMO, he's clearly our best option there. Best shooting big, best post player, and a better defender than TJones.

Then there's small ball. The reason we didn't go to it much in the playoffs is that we didn't have the players to run it successfully. With Lawson, we would (not advocating for him, just stating a fact). Ariza can play some 4, and James has as well.

I'm also not convinced that Capela and Dwight can't play together. If Capela develops a jumper, then that front court could be dynamic. I could also see Montrezl as an early contributor.

So there's other options. Add in a Boozer or Landry and you've got enough depth to make it work.

8. Fantasma Negro

The Rockets can throw in picks or cash

9. micah1j

micah1j Member

Anyone know if we can replace T Jones with Dekker in the trade for Lawson? Seems like that would make it pretty close.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL now that's hilarious.

11. FANfrom86toNow

BBALCOHOLIC, you need to stop acting like you are an insider when you are consistently wrong and get told so by most people on this board as well as the facts actually turning out different from what you claim your insider knowledge is.

What is your source that the Lakers offered Nick Young and trash for Lawson only?

Saying Lawson doesn't defend when he IS an elite offensive player and we just went to the WCF with Terry and Prigs as our DEFENSIVE PGs is beyond ludicrous to suggest that Lawson isn't a HUGE upgrade.

Lawson has NO REASON and it would make no sense for him to agree to make his second/last year unguaranteed when if he isn't traded, he will be bought out and still get his money. Stop being ridiculous.

The fact that you keep stating that there is NO TEAM out there that is willing to trade for him not only suggests that you THINK you are an insider, but that your sources are also INSIDE EVERY NBA TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

Just STFU dude.

2 people like this.
  12. FANfrom86toNow

From my previous post using the espn trade machine, once Dekker passes his 30 days, his salary would still be 100,000 short of what is needed. Of course the espn trade machine could be wrong.

13. Vivid

Vivid Member

It is true. He will be a top ten player for whatever team he plays for.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure we can't until December because he just signed a deal with us.

15. myco

myco Contributing Member

It's not old hat by now?

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In the minds of some, possibly. Hell some probably already think that.

17. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Overreact much?

18. TruthBeTold

TruthBeTold Member

Lebron, harden, KD, curry, AD, Westbrook, Blake griffin, Dwight, Duncan, Paul. Now which one of those guys is TJones better than?

19. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

By that you mean top 10 player on the team he plays for?

20. Fantasma Negro

Someone is paying attention. I knew bobby's intellectual ability was too low to understand that LoL. All I'm saying is that getting Lawson would make Jones three times better because of pick & roll, alley oops and drive & kick opportunities. Lawson could make Jones a potential allstar hopeful